The new plan,pt do p1

Working4the1%

LMO assumed ground scam will continue as usual ..Biden wants $15 an hour min wage and remove contractor BS...so costs going up at Ground

It will be fine

First, that was a prediction, not a current status report.

Second, if Ground wasn’t overwhelmed last peak, why was LMO suspended?
My guess was corporate was being cautious with the smartpost integration at Ground. That went better than I expected. LMO suspension was the plan pretty early on, well before peak, it wasn’t a knee jerk reaction.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because the single greatest asset this company has is its employees... it’s not a very good place to work anymore. Top out is an illusion, and now the only desirable shift in the company, you know the REAL reason people stay long term, is going to part time lol. It’s going to be a mess. Hiring is getting harder and harder for this company. Every major city has 47 amazon warehouses paying more with more scheduling flexibility. It’s no secret UPS is the place to go for money. A good first shift schedule with an early OFF time is all this company has to offer in terms of competing. But the higher-ups forget what the little guys want after a while. They look at numbers on spread sheets and forget.
We read it here first!

59 Dano

I don’t think you’re understanding the changes and how they work
He doesn't. His original post on this subject was something he copied word for word that had been floating around elsewhere. Unfortunately, he didn't read any of the replies posted by those whose service markets are already included in the RESPONSE program.

SmithBarney

He doesn't. His original post on this subject was something he copied word for word that had been floating around elsewhere. Unfortunately, he didn't read any of the replies posted by those whose service markets are already included in the RESPONSE program.
So how many names for this "system" are there..
RESPONSE, MILES AHEAD, SECOND WAVE, LAST MILE LMO....

McFeely

Huge Member
So how many names for this "system" are there..
RESPONSE, MILES AHEAD, SECOND WAVE, LAST MILE LMO....

Those terms you used are not speaking of the same system, from what I understand. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

RESPONSE is the one for the new double sort that stations will have and the am and mid-day routes.
LMO is the handoff of deliveries to Ground.
MILES AHEAD is the technology rollout (Leo, maps, GPS, SSRA) if I recall.

FedexGirl

Seems to be several ‘options’ for this experiment - I call it an experiment because what I’ve heard is one version utilizes casuals and rentals. If not goes flat - no major investment. Just major upheaval for us.

NC man

Wondering how many part timers might be needed to help with some p2.I know they don’t want that but with our volumes still pretty high and more stimulus money coming people will spend it and keep volumes up for awhile and many people still working from home and they may continue longervterm as companies realize it’s a good idea after all .

59 Dano

Seems to be several ‘options’ for this experiment - I call it an experiment because what I’ve heard is one version utilizes casuals and rentals. If not goes flat - no major investment. Just major upheaval for us.
There are several options depending on the station and service market. Casuals are to Express what temp agency workers are to other businesses.

NC man

Our Senior Manager specifically told us the rumors weren't true and was not going to happen. I'm not sure if meant just our station or what. This was right around beginning of December or so. Funny enough there have been a lot of "mid-day helper routes" created in the last month. I guess we'll see how the Senior walks back that statement soon.
They lie all the time, why not just tell us. Why wait til last minute.If people decide to quit they just quit month sooner or even keep working and then quit when it starts. Year 32 for me, they act like we are 8yrs old.

MAKAVELI

Why can't they be good couriers? Its not brain surgery. Might be too tough for you but its not difficult for many people
I'm not saying they couldn't be good. But comparing them to those that actually do a full route is dumb. Sort of like how a so called retired fo driver saying it's too tough for me.🤔

Aquaman

I copied word for word what our district manager told us. Not a ops manager trying to keep his station afloat. Markets already included in the response program haven’t even begun to feel the effects of this. It’s not even full go yet at the hubs. A courier who’s route hasn’t been effected yet, at a station waiting for the switch to flip, with a manager lying to them, isn’t really the one to chime in on the topic. If by peak this year the company hasn’t dropped FT first shift you can call me dumb.