The new plan,pt do p1

yadig

Planes 2 hrs late every day this week. WTH ever happened with on time pulls? It’s like no one cares! We look like a ozark terminal in the mornings now! LMAOF

NC man

I can hear it now... "Due to operational difficulties because of the pandemic (read: we can't manage ourselves out of a paper bag and UPS started their MBG back again, so we had to, and we haven't been able to keep a cent of FO money since April), you're going to get 1% this year.
1% ? Probably get a pay cut due to massive losses,extra flights t thru fri. Stations renting 20 Trucks each on avg probably. Been here over 30 yrs and this :censored2: plan is absolute garbage.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So since some of you are not on Facebook, the latest OTHER news is that management has been telling people in some stations that Monday July 5th wil be an operational day despite the company schedule saying FedEx is closed. We haven’t been told anything about this at my station...:yet. It will be interesting to see how many people call out that day.

ManInBrown

UPS is much more efficient and UPS underhires(except peak). UPS has no issue and letting go all its peak hires and will do so. Fedex overhires almost blindly. UPS doesnt hire 1 driver to take away hours from another driver. In UPS ,Inside employees eat hr losses the most and general losses because drivers vote more and therefore sacrifice its handlers more at contract time. UPS driver turnover is far less, handlers turn over more but they cost less to hire(1 year to benefits). UPS operation is concentrated in HUBs and ramps... Not hubs, stations, ramps model like fedex,, with hubs being contracted out. Last but not least, UPS has more volume
UPS’s money is brown. FedEx can afford to overhire because of the wages. UPS wastes nothing. They staff to the bare minimum. Package driver calls out 60 minutes before start time, entire truck gets unloaded and work gets split between other drivers in loop. Hate UPS or like them, when it comes to just that facet of the operation it’s smart business. When I was in package we had 50 brandy new package cars outside, never been used. Why weren’t they in service? Because the current ones need to be driven into the ground before they put a new one in service. That’s smart business.

Gone fishin

1% ? Probably get a pay cut due to massive losses,extra flights t thru fri. Stations renting 20 Trucks each on avg probably. Been here over 30 yrs and this * plan is absolute garbage.
Had a 28 year courier say this is the first time he’s been embarrassed working at Fedx with the service we’re giving

It will be fine

UPS’s money is brown. FedEx can afford to overhire because of the wages. UPS wastes nothing. They staff to the bare minimum. Package driver calls out 60 minutes before start time, entire truck gets unloaded and work gets split between other drivers in loop. Hate UPS or like them, when it comes to just that facet of the operation it’s smart business. When I was in package we had 50 brandy new package cars outside, never been used. Why weren’t they in service? Because the current ones need to be driven into the ground before they put a new one in service. That’s smart business.
Buying new equipment to sit in a parking lot is not good business.

DeliveryException

So since some of you are not on Facebook, the latest OTHER news is that management has been telling people in some stations that Monday July 5th wil be an operational day despite the company schedule saying FedEx is closed. We haven’t been told anything about this at my station...:yet. It will be interesting to see how many people call out that day.

I'm on vacation that week. I'm sure I'll get screwed out of that extra day off since Monday was observed holiday.

NC man

Have not heard that either.our vacation bids were based on closed July 5. Businesescwill be closed in my area. They take fri or mon If July 4 on the weekend

MAKAVELI

I’m on vacation that week also. I’m sure that if everyone is forced to work they’ll get paid 8 hours holiday pay plus whatever hours they work that day.
Should be time and a half. If they think about how much that's going to cost them paying everybody 8 plus hours of time and a half they might think otherwise.

McFeely

Huge Member
I’m on vacation that week also. I’m sure that if everyone is forced to work they’ll get paid 8 hours holiday pay plus whatever hours they work that day.

I’m not worried about that week, I am worried about the extra vacation day I used (and don’t wanna lose) later in the year.

If the company does operate on Mon July 5, that will be 3 holidays that M-friend employees will get screwed out of days off (July 4, Dec 25, Jan 1 2022)

Star B

White Lightening
UPS operation is concentrated in HUBs and ramps... Not hubs, stations, ramps model like fedex,, with hubs being contracted out. Last but not least, UPS has more volume

UPS has more volume because Ground + Air is in the same network, where we split ours.
UPS does not do the three tier operation like we do. We do hub, ramp, station. UPS does four-tier -- Hub, Ramp, Center, remote center.
We do not contract out any of our hubs or hub workers. We contract out (on Ground) any form of pkg movement, whether it be pup, transit, or delivery. Even the local workers at the Ground facilities are FedEx ground employees.

Fergus Mahoney

How far from the bldg are you?

There is no rhyme or reason for how this has been structured. I think they thought they would get a little more time before the money back guarantee was put back, thx UPS
30 minutes. They don't have anyone in the station to sort it. So it gets to the station and sits till people get back, managers don't know how to set up roads guns so everything comes to us with no labels. I'm really struggling with the purpose of this. By the time we get delivering again most places are closed so we code em up and bring em back. Make a long story short, I hate my job now. Thanks Fred.:censored2:

whenIgetthere

Drive the speed limit and walk at your normal pace. Wanna send me out with UPS level work, you'd better be paying me accordingly or you're going to see me slow way down.
The ground guy who delivers to my neighbor hood actually runs. Saw him again delivering a Chewy package to us on Easter Sunday, running from the truck to the house and back (wasn't a big package). He was gone before I could get to the door and ask him to take care of his knees.