The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

I guess I can take my Proud To Be A Teamster sticker off my car now!!!!!!

Better to sell the car....you'll just notice that empty space where she used to sit....
giphy (8).gif

Was my center the only center hiring high amounts of pt people this past year? It's crazy now at my center. All these blue vests everywhere, and getting through the guard shack is a bitch now, with all these new faces waiting in line. Man I can swear the Union and UPS did this on purpose. Hire a bunch of new people, who don't care to vote, and dilute the "NO" votes. For sure it wasn't like a grand plan, they're not that smart, but they did hedge their bets.

Everything just seems like a big :censored2:ing show. That "strike authorization" was a big can of nothing.

You got me thinking... They start handing out bonuses across the country to new pt employees just over a year ago because they needed to give them some incentive to stay. And it is still going on. So what happens after the contract gets ratified.. do these bonuses which amount to more than the new minimum $13 go away? So they most if not all quit and things go back to the way they were before only difference is we are now stuck with this contract imposed. Maybe it was a grand plan after all. And my facility is not like you make yours out to be, I imagine you are working at a larger building with hundreds of people? I work in a smaller one, but our local was VOTE NO all the way and got involved/engaged employees. However the pre-load recognition collage here always seems to have new faces on it every 1-4 weeks it varies. Alot of people still coming and going here. The bonus is only $125, others on this board mentioning $200-300 in their building etc.. I bet those people who get more just see dollar signs and don't care about getting involved to begin with. How long do people have to work here to be sent a ballot (were they mailed one at all?) and be eligible to count towards the voter turnout? I think the union and company wanted this influx of employees to help skew the turnout not just because they "needed" them. Hey let's offer every new hire bonuses just to get them to flood in the door so we really don't know how many employees we actually have to send ballots to and make them count or if they vote at all.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see What happened from 1997 till now . I really seen what kind of company UPS was during the strike of 1997 when UNited way donated food to some employees on strike across the US which was a heartwarming thought. .Well soon after the strike was that

time of year when UPS starts to walk around with donation cards asking employees how much they will donate weekly or yearly To UNited Way ... Because the fact UNited Way help the striking Teamsters they cancelled UNited Way Drive that year!!!! Awe full
BS

Over disciplined0123

By walk, surely you don't mean strike? I mean, in theory, it would be nice if everyone had the balls to walk if the contract is imposed, but everyone knows that if the membership can't even be bothered to vote then they sure as hell won't all wildcat strike the company either. And it would literally need at least half the workforce to do anything appreciable with a wildcat strike.
I hear ya brother but this day in age Times are different and seems to me no one gives a :censored2: about about anything ... Most of us who voted no are just standing up for what is
dude swear on life I was there I don't know if it was done nationally but in my building it was done

Last edited: