The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I know most package drivers and feeder guys in our center voted no. Our guys were split a lot among who likes overtime and drivers who want just 8/40 if that. I don't blame people who have their finances in order to make it work on 40 hours but the 22.4 wage and lack of protection is no way to treat new drivers intended to keep you from working weekends
22.4 is closing in on part time routes with non consistency which is not how we made this company great.

undies

All the part timers I talked to were not planning to vote at all, didn’t even see why it was important to them since they see the job as temporary.

The Range

In too deep
This was the petri dish. Wait until next contract. They know part-timers will not vote in enough numbers to put down a bad contract. Everyone now believes (rightfully so) their vote does not matter. Next turn out will be abysmal. That language is going to be exploited for extreme concessions to targetted members. Zero vacations, minimum wage, no health insurance, no sick time for all full-timers. Deal with it. The union has been busted.

PT Car Washer

This was the petri dish. Wait until next contract. They know part-timers will not vote in enough numbers to put down a bad contract. Everyone now believes (rightfully so) their vote does not matter. Next turn out will be abysmal. That language is going to be exploited for extreme concessions to targetted members. Zero vacations, minimum wage, no health insurance, no sick time for all full-timers. Deal with it. The union has been busted.
Who gets sick pay?

Moneythehardway

Got it, so if this was the 'final' offer why does the IBT's announcement state "The committee fully intends to demand that UPS return to the bargaining table to address a number of member concerns with the National Master UPS Agreement."

DOK

We still have leverage in this situation if Hoffa had the balls. We have an overwhelming no vote and a strike authorization vote in hand, he could demand ups back to the table if he wanted to, period.

over9five

Staff member
Got it, so if this was the 'final' offer why does the IBT's announcement state "The committee fully intends to demand that UPS return to the bargaining table to address a number of member concerns with the National Master UPS Agreement."
They're trying to save face, I would guess. We all agree, they're looking pretty bad right now...

Nike

LOL the company screwed itself more than anyone, our employee quality has gone to crap, our equipment is crap, our wages and benefits are getting weaker by the day, and the harassment by management never ceases.
Shoveling a crappy work contract says more about the company than anything, they're so smug but they don't realize we have been slipping for years now, this will only accelerate that as we lose out on good employees and are stuck with the slugs, deadbeats, and losers.

PT Car Washer

LOL the company screwed itself more than anyone, our employee quality has gone to crap, our equipment is crap, our wages and benefits are getting weaker by the day, and the harassment by management never ceases.
Shoveling a crappy work contract says more about the company than anything, they're so smug but they don't realize we have been slipping for years now, this will only accelerate that as we lose out on good employees and are stuck with the slugs, deadbeats, and losers.
And the company post record profits year after year. Everything is going as planned.