Gear

Parts on Order
Because the current wage system is working so well. At my buiding the preload is either Art 22.3 or high seniority PT or blue vest PT. Not much in between.

Ive never seen a company pay more than what the contract states. Having something like "minimum" with pay rate is something the union adds so they can blame the company for the rate. People on here get bent out of shape when part timers get bonuses. If they started paying them $20 an hour tomorrow, they would run out of paper for the grievances.
For the record, I believe part timers should be at $20 and hour. If that would mean I lose something, I would be cool with it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Even at $20, the difference between them and top rate is over $16. $16 is a huge pay gap. Right now the pay gap is $26 an hour, that's ridiculous. Huge pay gaps cause unity problems.
Here's the thing though. Everybody sees what we have to force on the drivers everyday right now. They're trying to get us to milk every ounce we can out of you guys. You start to get into dangerous territory with a literal doubling of the wage for insiders.

They're going to do the same and try to get us to cut inside staffing even more. We can barely get it done with what we do have.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Last Thursday I came back to the building and as I was offloading my air I noticed the belt was off. I jokingly asked if it was broken and they said it was off due to low staffing.

FTers make more than enough—it is time to reasonably take care of the PTers.

Gear

Parts on Order
Here's the thing though. Everybody sees what we have to force on the drivers everyday right now. They're trying to get us to milk every ounce we can out of you guys. You start to get into dangerous territory with a literal doubling of the wage for insiders.

They're going to do the same and try to get us to cut inside staffing even more. We can barely get it done with what we do have.

Very true. That's why I'm the grease monkey. When I see those insiders busting their butts and I'm getting $26 more then them, it disgusts me.

MrBrown

saves a missed!!! 2 year clean pittsburg guy got wrote up a "missed" on a package 25 miles away because of misload.... PCM call your supe if you have an off area or leaker, EC the package and return to center clerk....
I try to wad. If management asks me to sheet something a certain way i oblige. They dont friend me i dont friend them. Im also in a small center and management and workers get along

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't blame the preloaders, I know they have a tough job, but that knowledge doesn't eliminate the frustration. It's good to blow off steam by joking about it.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I honestly don’t remember a day where i could walk through my truck at the beginning of the day...usually don’t have a clear aisle til about 3 or 4...i take pics every day...what would happen if i called osha

Future

Victory Ride
Why do you find it acceptable to harass someone openly, but an issue for them to do it to you? Makes you look like a hypocrite
483AB02A-DE1A-441D-BF58-217EFCC9F37E.gif

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I load 5 cars with an average of 1k packages a day (lately 1200). COMMERCIAL ROUTES. I beast my :censored2: out but I dont know how much longer my body can hold up been here 7 months thats 140,000 packages that have sifted through my hands and my loads are CLEAN but somehow I feel like this is all for not. Tell me theres light at the end of the tunnel? Is my effort recognized and I get a juice route? Or does the lazy :censored2: 3 drops down get a better work/life balance and im guaranteed to be used by the company? I need some " upliftment" here.

I had about 825 pieces across 3 trucks, one of them small. Just me and Jessica Simpson out there busting our butts.

MC0493

I've got many pictures of these so called "unsafe loads" Management doesn't care when you show them. Once it's out the door it's your problem now. They just got on me because my over allowed was getting too high when i'm normally a close to scratch driver. I gripped for months that the route was being over dispatched, too much work. Never got through to them.

lolbr

I just let them keep dealing with it. Eventually they had to adjust my route's numbers to keep me from going over. I still spend an hour reloading my car, but I'm only over about 15 minutes a day. I take my breaks and work at a safe pace.