BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ahhh loaded many of those. I cared at first until I realized no one cared, and they weren't willing to pay me the time necessary to care.

In the truck it goes
D4F2FC30-F0EF-4596-A142-E77FFD930E81.gif

MrBrown

The guy who typically loads the routes i cover is your typical gentle giant. His load quality sucks but hes a nice guy. Ive gotten used to it, i do nothing but exchange niceties in the morning, lifes to short. He sure does suck though. He tries, i dont think it’s malicious so im left with nothin other than sum bich

lolbr

that load looks beautiful, only lne amazon (zappos) id take that with glee
Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I just find a parking lot after I run what air I can find, and reload the entire car. Takes about 45-60 minutes. My supervisors would rather pay me to reload it, than create an issue for another supervisor.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I just find a parking lot after I run what air I can find, and reload the entire car. Takes about 45-60 minutes. My supervisors would rather pay me to reload it, than create an issue for another supervisor.
It's usually that the preload supervisor is so dense they don't care what it looks like as long as they get it in the right truck.

MrBrown

What air you can find? I know every building is different but for the last few years air doesnt get loaded in The trucks anymore. I used to complain about it all the time. In my center air is left under the belt and we load it ourselves.

MrBrown

What air you can find? I know every building is different but for the last few years air doesnt get loaded in The trucks anymore. I used to complain about it all the time. In my center air is left under the belt and we load it ourselves.
Guess what? No late air

wayfair

swollen member
In make a personal call on it, if it looks to messed up and i think it would reflect negatively on ups, i sheet it future and remark inspect. The girls in the local sort check it out and if its ok they repackage it and it goes out the next day
saves a missed!!! 2 year clean pittsburg guy got wrote up a "missed" on a package 25 miles away because of misload.... PCM call your supe if you have an off area or leaker, EC the package and return to center clerk....

Dhydratd

NDA's buried in my RDL's... 3000's on my 5000 shelf... bulk stops taking up the whole shelf while random one-package stops are scattered across the floor... Loader's gone before I get to my truck, but he stuffed a bunch of irregs in my cab first, as if to say "Here friend*cker, you load this :censored2:!"
Every effing day!! Tired of bitching about it. Nothing ever changes. friend the preload!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I love those loads where you can hear stuff hitting the floor before you even leave the building. I had a loader that would stack stuff sky high and then basically do nothing to prevent it from toppling over. It's like these people forget about the forces of gravity.
I can't hear anything hit the floor until I get my first bulk stop off.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
PT sup keeps telling my loader to put my RDC where my RDR and RDL need to go after I've repeatedly explained to both why I need the stops to go where they are supposed to go. Then, for some reason they hold all of the oversized packages until after we load all the bulk. And finally, bad spas...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can make good loads on most days but it is nearly impossible with the current management situation at most locations. One nearby location expects 250 pph from everyone, most cars look like what lolbr posted on a day-to-day basis.
Here, at least once a week, the supervisors get a hard-on about working us fast enough to let us go before 5+ hours overtime (at $16/h lol) hits. Impossible to make a good load on those days, devolves into only the right package on the right shelf, maybe get a couple of dock-stops and bulk in the back, air thrown into the cab, I call it a vanilla load, but it's really just :censored2:.
Pre-planning and taping huge-fonted hins in front of each package car is the best way to make good loads fast, but the sups wont ever pay you for 15 minutes of planning and memorization, so this would be on your own unpaid time. I've seen plenty of loaders just scan the diagram and throw them including add-cut sheets on the floor underneath the package car. Best piece of advice: ask your driver about their Orion route ID, you can print it off on the computer and plan a heist actually know where the hell they drive to when you load their car. Again they won't pay you to study the driver's route because lol PPH.

edit: I am still in my 70 days (plus seasonal period) so I have to worry about what my supervisors think of me daily.

Last edited:

lolbr

No union employee is required to meet any of UPS's metrics. Do what you need to do to get through probation, but safety and (usually) quality trump speed.

You don't need to know a drivers route. Keep the floor bulk stops seperated and in the right corners. Don't waste shelf space with large packages. Try to get irregs in early and under the shelves. Start loading the shelves like books on a bookcase, use depth and height before width. After you have a full row of packages, then stack on top. Try to learn the bulk stops your cars gets, that way you can plan for them. Doing this I never broke a sweat preloading and still hit their metrics.

My usual day preloading (10 years):
Work everything perfectly, including writing hins on every package, for first 45 minutes or so. This saves you more time than taking shortcuts at this point. By this time they should have the charts posted showing expected packages per section. Any section with more than 39 packages is going to need special attention, the rest loaded according to the above plan. After about 45 more minutes, start getting the irregs that will fit under shelves in cars. This is also about the time add cuts would get posted. Get all add cuts that were loaded off immediately, they should be easy to find (check irregs on floor). Write on cut sheet the hin range of the add cuts, this way you can easily check while entering truck what not to load.

At this point you should now be about 2 hours in, maybe more. Go ahead and take some shortcuts. You have hins on other boxes so you can easily see where to set another box, no need for writing more hins. Just don't take shortcuts that cost you time later, like stacking a pile on floor or behind the car (you'll spend more time picking them back up and loading them than just loading them in the first place).

Note: This is with a rotating cage preload. A belt preload might need to do things a little different, but the general idea is similar.

Last edited: