The Postal Reform Act Of 2022

AKCoverMan

Fedex and UPS did not pay those taxes. They got that money from the consumer, and passed it along to the government. Fedex profited, UPS profited, the government profited, but the consumer just got indirectly taxed. If the government raises taxes on a corporation, that corporation just increases its costs to the consumer. If, for example, I charged 50 cents for an ice cream cone and the government raised my corporate taxes by 10%, that same ice cream price would increase to 55 cents. (Or I would shelter my revenue in another country.)
Yes I get it, taxing business is stupid because the customer just ends up paying the tax. Nevertheless these taxes exist.

But my point in this case is that private carriers do have to pay taxes to Government while the government carrier does not. It’s still an advantage given to the government carrier.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes I get it, taxing business is stupid because the customer just ends up paying the tax. Nevertheless these taxes exist.

But my point in this case is that private carriers do have to pay taxes to Government while the government carrier does not. It’s still an advantage given to the government carrier.
The Postal service was established by the constitution as a service much like a utility, one that has to provide their services regardless of profitability.
Their competition is not tasked with the same requirement. They only exist to make a profit.

bacha29

If someone steals from you, then offers you your money back, only an idiot would refuse it because they're against theft. And only an idiot wouldn't be able to grasp this simple concept.
So the federal government is a thief in your opinion? So tell me when you're driving on a federal highway are you not trespassing? If you send your kid to a public school are you not aiding and abetting a criminal activity? Doesn't that make you an accomplice? When you go to the grocery store to buy your food isn't the USDA food safety and inspection service a criminal activity that you are supporting?

bacha29

I've never drawn unemployment. And I've told you before that if it's a program we can afford then fine. You seem offended by the idea that we must be fiscally responsible. Typical.
Never said that. The point is the programs that you consistently criticize are the ones you probably won't be able to qualify for .But, at the same time you are always exempting from your wrath that ones that will serve to spare you from a precipitous decline in the quality of your life when you are physically unable to continue to work. And your constant belly aching about public spending are obviously based on your worry that you won't be able to get your share of benefits when that time arrives.
Granted it is an imperfect system but the only alternative ever offered by your party is to do absolutely nothing. So tell me given your limited means and failing health how effective will that nothing be in dealing with your particular situation?

bacha29

The Postal service was established by the constitution as a service much like a utility, one that has to provide their services regardless of profitability.
Their competition is not tasked with the same requirement. They only exist to make a profit.
And private carriers can quit the business tomorrow if they wanted to.....The USPS can't do that.

vantexan

Never said that. The point is the programs that you consistently criticize are the ones you probably won't be able to qualify for .But, at the same time you are always exempting from your wrath that ones that will serve to spare you from a precipitous decline in the quality of your life when you are physically unable to continue to work. And your constant belly aching about public spending are obviously based on your worry that you won't be able to get your share of benefits when that time arrives.
Granted it is an imperfect system but the only alternative ever offered by your party is to do absolutely nothing. So tell me given your limited means and failing health how effective will that nothing be in dealing with your particular situation?
Name the programs I consistently criticize? And name one person on Earth who doesn't have failing health at some point? Or do perfectly healthy people just die willy nilly? Your arguments are absurd. Most likely you won't even respond to this but will continue to spout ridiculous falsehoods.

bacha29

Name the programs I consistently criticize? And name one person on Earth who doesn't have failing health at some point? Or do perfectly healthy people just die willy nilly? Your arguments are absurd. Most likely you won't even respond to this but will continue to spout ridiculous falsehoods.
Here you are backtracking again. If you were a person who was able to acquire through honest lawful activity enough personal means and wealth to independently provide for your own needs until your final breath then you would be free and perhaps justified to bash the left all you want. Whatever successes and failures Democrat social programs did or did not achieve they are overshadowed by your failure to fulfill the conservative ideology by failing to acquire enough personal wealth over the course of your lifetime to pay for your needs going forward. The left didn't fail you....You failed yourself. And the net result is that despite all it's shortcomings you for all intents and purposes will be chained to an imperfect senior and disabled social health and welfare system but one that at least is there as compared to the one your party offered.....Oh, that's right....It offers nothing.

vantexan

Here you are backtracking again. If you were a person who was able to acquire through honest lawful activity enough personal means and wealth to independently provide for your own needs until your final breath then you would be free and perhaps justified to bash the left all you want. Whatever successes and failures Democrat social programs did or did not achieve they are overshadowed by your failure to fulfill the conservative ideology by failing to acquire enough personal wealth over the course of your lifetime to pay for your needs going forward. The left didn't fail you....You failed yourself. And the net result is that despite all it's shortcomings you for all intents and purposes will be chained to an imperfect senior and disabled social health and welfare system but one that at least is there as compared to the one your party offered.....Oh, that's right....It offers nothing.
No, I'll be overseas. But in the meantime why don't you point out the programs you say I bash? Why are you dodging the question? Why are you inherently dishonest? Can a Left Wing Progressive like you give an honest answer or must you lie all the time to get your agenda passed?