Too Much OT Or None At All

Imchar1

Apparently management is as giddy as schoolgirls and is popping champagne corks. According to a part time EAM driver who has decided to retire in early 2019 her center manager said everybody better fill their banks now while they can because they will be incentivized to eliminate as much overtime as they can twist out of the new language. You got a guarantee of 8 you will get 8 you gotta guarantee of 4 you get 4. Check those supplements real close. All those 22.4 get a guaranteed 8 and the work will have to come from somewhere.

Too much OT or none at all. Once this passes there is no going back.

LagunaBrown

Apparently management is as giddy as schoolgirls and is popping champagne corks. According to a part time EAM driver who has decided to retire in early 2019 her center manager said everybody better fill their banks now while they can because they will be incentivized to eliminate as much overtime as they can twist out of the new language. You got a guarantee of 8 you will get 8 you gotta guarantee of 4 you get 4. Check those supplements real close. All those 22.4 get a guaranteed 8 and the work will have to come from somewhere.

Package is driven by cars on road.

CoolStoryBro

And if you want that OT back then you fight for a spot on Saturday.

Many buildings cannot eliminate overtime. They do not have enough room int heir facilities to add more trucks and people. Our building is almost full.

Skooney

And if you want that OT back then you fight for a spot on Saturday.

Many buildings cannot eliminate overtime. They do not have enough room int heir facilities to add more trucks and people. Our building is almost full.

So do you want the OT or don’t you?

Funny how in our proposal meetings drivers by a large majority asked to limit excessive overtime. In our explanation meetings some of those very same folks complained about perhaps losing their OT.

I’m a no vote all day long, but I don’t want the overtime. People are getting exactly what they asked for in this regard. It’s just a bunch of BS it’s taking 22.4’s to get there.

Mooseknuckle

Funny how in our proposal meetings drivers by a large majority asked to limit excessive overtime. In our explanation meetings some of those very same folks complained about perhaps losing their OT.

I’m a no vote all day long, but I don’t want the overtime. People are getting exactly what they asked for in this regard. It’s just a bunch of BS it’s taking 22.4’s to get there.
All of the overtime issues are covered by hiring more people. They will still be cutting routes and sending people home everyday, we all know this. The overtime relief is just the pretense they're using to get people to buy into this. There's a big difference between not wanting to go over 50 hours a week (9.5 list) at their discretion and not getting any overtime at all. And 22.4's not having any 9.5 language at all? Is it okay to do that to them? They can't bid on anything. That means they'll be all over town trying to compensate for lack of planning. They will actually be getting less stops per hour out of people with all the split routes.

Oceanview

I don’t care for the overtime I have a business to run outside of work.. but im still voting no.. I honestly like the contract for my own personal reasons but this contract is not about me it’s about our future and I trust a vote no will make this contract even more favorable for me..

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

You’re conflating 3 issues.
OT, excessive OT and no OT. Most don’t want excessive OT but don’t mind working a 9.5 day. Working 5 days a week till 10pm is way different that working 5 days till 7:30.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

There is a big difference between a 9.5 hour day and a 14 hour day. Everyone who says "your getting what you asked for" is an idiot.

km3

I'll believe it when I see it.

Tony Q

If you think UPS will ever put more cars on the street and cut members down to eight hours a day there is some land I want to sell you.

Indecisi0n

Just like Orion was to eliminate miles.

542thruNthru

If anyone is interested I’ve got a bridge for sale. As a matter of fact I’ve got a few bridges for sale!

2O7E.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Many buildings cannot eliminate overtime. They do not have enough room in their facilities to add more trucks and people. Our building is almost full.
How about your parking lot, is there room for spare trucks?
Is there room on the belts for splits to be pulled and set aside?

With the flexibility built into the scheduling of these so-called "hybrid drivers", how hard would it be for them to build a half day split car last minute, loaded while they are delivering air (probably by supervisors),

....then when they're done go take 20 from this driver or that,

....or wait for it....make a late pickup log across the center.

Seriously people, it's not that hard to envision the Company adding cars with drivers being paid $20/hr straight and $30/hr OT, if they can bring in a package car driver making $37/hr straight and $55.49/hr on OT.

This simple math changes the whole equation and the Company's obsession with stops per car.

I'm definitely VOTING NO.

Indecisi0n

How about your parking lot, is there room for spare trucks?
Is there room on the belts for splits to be pulled and set aside?

With the flexibility built into the scheduling of these so-called "hybrid drivers", how hard would it be for them to build a half day split car last minute, loaded while they are delivering air (probably by supervisors),

....then when they're done go take 20 from this driver or that,

....or wait for it....make a late pickup log across the center.

Seriously people, it's not that hard to envision the Company adding cars with drivers being paid $20/hr straight and $30/hr OT, if they can bring in a package car driver making $37/hr straight and $55.49/hr on OT.

This simple math changes the whole equation and the Company's obsession with stops per car.

I'm definitely VOTING NO.
The only flaw here is that your thinking. UPS does not do that. They step over dollars to collect pennies on a daily basis. Until they fix their flawed foundation this company will continue to struggle. People might laugh because of how much money they make but just thinking about how much more they could be making if it was run by a competent leader.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
The only flaw here is that your thinking. UPS does not do that. They step over dollars to collect pennies on a daily basis. Until they fix their flawed foundation this company will continue to struggle. People might laugh because of how much money they make but just thinking about how much more they could be making if it was run by a competent leader.
So 2021 We vote in who? Fill in the blank __!