Tuesday through Saturday 6 day work week

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Why I have nothing to hide and that is my daughter. I personally hope your not taking a shot at my family that’s really low and a cheap shot. I have nothing to hide by using my name everything I say here I say in my life at work. Don’t need a fake user name to hide from what people think of me.
Terms of Service and Rules | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. No posting screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. No posting screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site
Oops

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why I have nothing to hide and that is my daughter. I personally hope your not taking a shot at my family that’s really low and a cheap shot. I have nothing to hide by using my name everything I say here I say in my life at work. Don’t need a fake user name to hide from what people think of me.
Ain't nobody taking a shot at your family. It's against the TOS to use your picture or name on here

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

Full name is not posted and I really want to make a stink about a picture. Wow you must be bored with your day to waste it on rules that state it is my responsibility to protect myself which a first name and a picture will get you where and how to find me or my kids if it’s that important to you to follow the rules better talk to the other users who have pictures of them and there family.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Full name is not posted and I really want to make a stink about a picture. Wow you must be bored with your day to waste it on rules that state it is my responsibility to protect myself which a first name and a picture will get you where and how to find me or my kids if it’s that important to you to follow the rules better talk to the other users who have pictures of them and there family.

Don't take it so hard. They're just trying to help you out. UPS has a social media policy that allows them to terminate you if they don't like something you posted on the interwebz. You can grieve it and probably get your job back, but why go through the hassle?

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
What? I didn't make this up lol

Rack em

Made the Podium
Don't take it so hard. They're just trying to help you out. UPS has a social media policy that allows them to terminate you if they don't like something you posted on the interwebz. You can grieve it and probably get your job back, but why go through the hassle?
I don't remember signing a social media policy? Also, a forum isn't considered social media, at least in my eyes. There is no way anyone can get fired for posting on this site unless they are confessing to doing some cardinal sins on the job.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't remember signing a social media policy? Also, a forum isn't considered social media, at least in my eyes. There is no way anyone can get fired for posting on this site unless they are confessing to doing some cardinal sins on the job.

You don't have to sign or even be aware of a policy for it to affect you, or for UPS to take whatever action they see fit based on the policy. It's almost a joke to talk about cardinal sins, since, even if your supplement has a list of cardinal sins, it can be considered inclusive, meaning the company can terminate you for anything it considers to be a terminable offense. That doesn't mean the termination will stick if you challenge it, it just means that the company can take the action.

A forum's only function is social media. Forums may not reach as wide an audience as other forms, but the UPS Social Media Guidelines policy includes forums in the category.

I was going to post some excerpts, then I realized that doing so may be a breach of the policy. Just log in to upsers.com and search "social media guidelines", read it over, it's in everyone's best interest to be aware of it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This was covered in a DIAD training module.

@STUG would beg to differ with you.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You don't have to sign or even be aware of a policy for it to affect you, or for UPS to take whatever action they see fit based on the policy. It's almost a joke to talk about cardinal sins, since, even if your supplement has a list of cardinal sins, it can be considered inclusive, meaning the company can terminate you for anything it considers to be a terminable offense. That doesn't mean the termination will stick if you challenge it, it just means that the company can take the action.

A forum's only function is social media. Forums may not reach as wide an audience as other forms, but the UPS Social Media Guidelines policy includes forums in the category.

I was going to post some excerpts, then I realized that doing so may be a breach of the policy. Just log in to upsers.com and search "social media guidelines", read it over, it's in everyone's best interest to be aware of it.
Don't be so scared of Ups, they can't fire you for posting on social media. And IF they tried, it would be a slam dunk case to win.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I like how in the diad training it says “sheet a damaged box as missed” but if you do that your phone rings in 10 seconds to void it out lol.
Every time I sheet a package as missed I get a message asking why it's like they don't know their own rules. Then when I tell them why they ask me to change it and I tell them they can change it themselves.

MynameisNeigan

I like how in the diad training it says “sheet a damaged box as missed” but if you do that your phone rings in 10 seconds to void it out lol.
They use to tell me to void a missed package. I just tell them “so you want me to lie? Text me the instructions and I’ll do it”. Never got such instructions. So a miss is a miss

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Don't be so scared of Ups, they can't fire you for posting on social media. And IF they tried, it would be a slam dunk case to win.

You are missing the point that I am trying to make, but did you take the time to read the policy? I am not scared of UPS, though I am unhappy with the latitude some members of management take when terminating people. I was simply explaining why it is a good idea to abide by the privacy rules of this forum.

I already said that if you were terminated for a post on social media, you would probably get your job back, but I wouldn't count on it as a slam dunk. The policy is pretty clear that they can terminate you for a post on social media. IMO, it excessively overreaches into our personal lives. I would actually like to see it challenged in court, but I wouldn't want to be the poor SOB who'd have to challenge it.

@Maple Grove MN Driver - which part did you disagree with?

Last edited:

JL 0513

Companies fire people all the time for stuff posted on Fakebook, Twitter, etc. These cases are in the news all the time.

If you came on here calling out members of your management team by full name, saying very inappropriate things and talking about specific matters, and your identity was made clear, you think there's no chance of being fired?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Companies fire people all the time for stuff posted on Fakebook, Twitter, etc. These cases are in the news all the time.

If you came on here calling out members of your management team by full name, saying very inappropriate things and talking about specific matters, and your identity was made clear, you think there's no chance of being fired?

Better yet, try posting something inflammatory on upsers and see where it gets you.