burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
648192AE-F4DD-4ECE-B198-B6D192122A1F.gif
god, you people are always complaining.

i worked 55-60 hours year round for years. and that is nothing compared to the 80's and 90's when I first started and used 2 log books and worked 15-16 hours a day sometimes 7 days a week to feed my family.

if it's so bad , why don't you quit?

FUH

brownIEman

I have given you ample reasons why your argument is flawed.

It is incumbent upon you to defend your speculation. You made the original claim, not me.

Also, part time employee compensation (which are a large part of the workforce) would not for the most part be affected by the changes. Also International employees would also not be affected. So extrapolating your speculative 10% cost figure for full time hourly employees to equate to a 10% increase in total costs company wide is nonsense.

UPS estimates there are 55,000 package car drivers in the USA, add the feeder drivers in and you have perhaps 80,000 out of a total worldwide workforce of 445,000. So your estimate of costs would have to be divided by 4 or 5. So an increase of compensation costs of perhaps 2%, not 10%.

I suspect you realize this, and are just spouting the company propaganda in anticipation of the upcoming contract.

That is a well laid out counter argument. One flaw I would point out is that you cannot take the ratio of the drivers to the total workforce and use that ratio to divide the impact of a cost increase as the drivers are the highest paid segment of the workforce. So each of those 80,000 in your example are compensated, what at least 3 times as much as a part timer? (I know it's more than that, but for sake of argument) so the 80,000 would be more like 240,000 in there effect on overall costs. So your 2% would move to more like 6%. Potentially affordable, but still a significant cost increase for UPS and the company would be looking to see what it would be getting in return for such a concession.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you post something on a public forum, guess what, it's EVERYONE's business. That is not difficult to understand. And I stand by the fact that it is IMO idiotic to brag about working for UPS, never mind how much you make, to make yourself seem like the better man/woman than someone who doesn't go for OT and makes less, and has a life and ambition (gasp) outside of UPS.

In operations at UPS, the union mentality is not much different than UPS; they despise ambition and people who are intelligent. And you aren't going to better yourself. other than financially, working 80 hours a week.

secondly, what I said was that I AM ASHAMED to work at UPS, and working endless overtime is only adding to that feeling of shaming and lack of respect by both the company and union. THAT has nothing to do with anyone else but myself and MY opinion.

Try responding to posts at face value, instead of creating straw men to satisfying your need to tear everyone down around you
All I did was respond to exactly what you said. If you meant that you are ashamed. Don't say it's shameful to work at ups.

For the love of god quit already you sound miserable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

i worked 55-60 hours year round for years. and that is nothing compared to the 80's and 90's when I first started and used 2 log books and worked 15-16 hours a day sometimes 7 days a week to feed my family.

FUH
I thought it was 20 hours a day 7 days a week for months on end. All while dodging land mines and the cartel. Not to mention the coworkers who were coming after you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
TTKU

Package Car driving and Feeder driving are not the same.

Drove 14 hours 3 times this peak, didn't even break a sweat.
Only thing that sucks is having to chain a set 3 or 4 times a night if the weather is that bad... other than that, I know lowering and raising that landing gear is tuff work...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My sense of irony would LOVE that. In '97 it was "Part Time Work Doesn't Work". Essentially UPS you are not giving is enough work. Flash forward to 2018 and the strike will be "whoa, whoa UPS, you're giving us too much work!"

:happy-very:

Now if I was really a UPS Kool-aide peddler here's I'd inform you if you did your job fairly by the methods you would not be 2.5 hours over allowed and would get to spend all the time with your kids.
Yeah, you wouldn’t be 2.5 hours over but 3.5 hours over lmao....methods are a joke...no need to sugar coat things...

542thruNthru

FUH

You're a fool. You're comparing driving 14 hours from point A to point B to 14 hours of driving and doing physical labor. There is a reason people clamor to get into feeder. Since you never worked for UPS let me clue you in. It's not to do harder work.

Go back to your ridiculous story telling at least then you made us laugh.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You're a fool. You're comparing driving 14 hours from point A to point B to 14 hours of driving and doing physical labor. There is a reason people clamor to get into feeder. Since you never worked for UPS let me clue you in. It's not to do harder work.

Go back to your ridiculous story telling at least then you made us laugh.
i worked for UPS for almost 23 years. i already proved it by posting pictures of my service and safe driving plaques. And in my working life I did much harder physical work than package driving. I did not start here until I was almost 38.
when i complained to my dad about all the hours I was working 30 years ago , he just laughed and told me stories about the real old days.

he also told me that people who complained and made excuses were LOSERS.

"if the shoe fits"

What'dyabringmetoday???

i worked for UPS for almost 23 years. i already proved it by posting pictures of my service and safe driving plaques. And in my working life I did much harder physical work than package driving. I did not start here until I was almost 38.
when i complained to my dad about all the hours I was working 30 years ago , he just laughed and told me stories about the real old days.

"if the shoe fits"
I hate to join the choir, but sometimes the numbers you post don't match your story. Not saying you are lying, but some things don't add up. Personally- I couldn't care less if you worked at UPS or not. The changing stories negate some of the claims though.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Only thing that sucks is having to chain a set 3 or 4 times a night if the weather is that bad... other than that, I know lowering and raising that landing gear is tuff work...
Not to mention the 2-3 hours of sleep (on the clock) I've been getting every night because the sort is going down late.

542thruNthru

"if the shoe fits"

Oh my! I'm deeply sorry. I didn't realize you had pictures. Well that is just irrefutable evidence.

By the way have you seen my new car?
32BB544B00000578-3519772-image-a-8_1459544609355.jpg

I got it after my 30 years of service.
sketch-1513974340775.png

I know it's strange since I've only been with ups 19years.

So after you complained to your father. He told you that people who complain are losers. You sure we wasn't just trying to tell you that you were a loser? This wouldn't by chance be around the same time you were stripping would it?

I think it's adorable you think I care what the father of a compulsive liar has to say. Keep up the good stories. I really love the one where you lived in a third world country for a while. It's classic.

brownIEman

Yeah, you wouldn’t be 2.5 hours over but 3.5 hours over lmao....methods are a joke...no need to sugar coat things...

Oh my son, you have lost your way and your faith. You must have faith, I say-a. !
Friends, let us gather and help out brother @Coldworld regain his faith!
Open your hymnals to page 340 as we sing from the Book of Methods -
Yea varily shall thou make the starting of the ignition just as thou dost fasten they belt of safety and move out without delay.
The stopping of the engine and opening of thy Devine Bulkhead shall be done as thy unhook thy belt and set thy break of parking. Selection of thy package shall be from the area of the holy 30 inches where upon thou shall retrieve DIAD and proceed, forgetting not the points of contact numbering 3.
And the number of the stops in future thou shall know at all times is 5, and 5 shall be there number of stops thou shalt always know, not 3 lest thou be a slug, and neither shall thou knowest 6 lest thou be called over achiever and runner Gunner.

So sayeth the book of Methods. Amen.

542thruNthru

Oh my son, you have lost your way and your faith. You must have faith, I say-a. !
Yea varily shall thou make the starting of the ignition just as thou dost fasten they belt of safety and move out without delay.
The stopping of the engine and opening of thy Devine Bulkhead shall be done as thy unhook thy belt and set thy break of parking. Selection of thy package shall be from the area of the holy 30 inches where upon thou shall retrieve DIAD and proceed, forgetting not the points of contact numbering 3.
And the number of the stops in future thou shall know at all times is 5, and 5 shall be there number of stops thou shalt always know, not 3 lest thou be a slug, and neither shall thou knowest 6 lest thou be called over achiever and runner Gunner.

Well done. :)

Coldworld

60 months and counting

You’ve been out of the game for a while pops....we can start with the uniform standards, or lack there of!!! The only “method” I see almost every driver follow is the one which states drivers will wear earbuds at all hours of the day, no matter if it is against the law, or not. And the driver gets bonus points if he or she uses a vape pen and blows it out the door in a thick white cloud for all to see... lol. This isn’t your 1980’s ups !

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I NEVER remembered the next 5 stops...and that isn’t even in the methods with edd anymore... see, you have been out of the game for awhile... better come back for peak next year..in an “advisory” role??

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Very Witty...we’ll played,,, even for a ex sup!