Union Regulations Harder On Loaders

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Pre Loader, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Slug Life

Slug Life When do we eat?

Yea if I’m in debt I sure as hell ain’t making any dents with pre-load money lol.

2. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Is this $11 an hour job helping you knock down those debts?

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

He said he is making $15/hr which is what most new hires make when you factor in the show up bonus. Some make closer to $20/hr.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. tadpole

tadpole Active Member

If PT sups we’re allowed to help, they would do it the entire shift. They would send people home and have the sups finish up the work.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. The Real Jack RyanMI6

The Real Jack RyanMI6 Active Member

in otherwords if pt sups were allowed to "help" you either would have been hired last week, instead of last year Or not hired at all. So my question is this how would that have assisted you in paying off your debt? When i was on the preload i asked and allowed mtg to "help" sparingly in otherwords only at peak. Knowing it was, "that most special time of year" once peak was over i took every opportunity to remind mgt the solution wasn't helping me or others but hiring more. Once we came to that mutual understanding things went smoother.

6. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

Come on, man. Every little bit helps. WE don't know his exact financial situation.

I work as much Saturday Air as they let me. It's usually 4-6 hours at ~56 dollars an hour. So I probably make on Saturday what a preloader makes all week. I'm thankful for that extra money. I can easily make 10k extra a year doing Saturday Air. That pays for gasoline, groceries plus some other stuff for the year.

7. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Just one example, how about write ups or harassment? If the Union represented both sides, how would the employee get fair representation? It sounds like some union members have trouble getting fair representation now.

8. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

I wouldn't normally say this to another union member, however, your understanding of the bargaining work concept requires an exception: you need to pick up the pace so your poor, poor supervisors don't have to do your job for you.

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Marketing executive=used car salesman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You need to educate yourself before coming here and bashing unions

Makes you look ignorant

11. rod

rod retired and happy

You've been there a year and still don't realize what the problem is? NOT ENOUGH HOURLY EMPLOYEES--BELT RUNNING AT TOO FAST. Its that simple. Management has agreed to keep their hands off union work per contract. Hold them to it.

12. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Ya dude my life of sups working this past year is that %90 of the time they are making up for a truly atrocious amount of workers NCNS'ing. Of the twelve times a sup has pulled for me. I filed twice and got a cute $10-30 check next week. In a perfect world I would've filed all twelve times, but the attendance of PT preloaders really is an equally frustrating mess.

13. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Not your problem

14. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

@CoolStoryBro

15. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

They could hire a floater who could help. But the corporate bs that you are backing says they can’t. We have like 12 preloaders in my bldg and there are 5 supes. That ratio doesn’t add up.

You’re placing the blame on the union when in actuality is the corporate attitude and their unrealistic production standards.

16. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

Easy peasy. If the firing is within the very well defined grounds for termination, it sticks. If an outside arbitrator is needed for appeal process, so be it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Netsua 3:16

Or, how about just the center manager is non union? Why do pt sups need to be union?

18. Netsua 3:16

Our on cars would be higher quality if they were able to stay union. More former drivers who actually know wtf is going on out there would apply.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. He said $15....after a year.

20. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

More condescending talk from a fat, overpaid, out of touch part timer.