Union Regulations Harder On Loaders

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Pre Loader, Sep 7, 2018.

1. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

It’s refreshing to see a part timer that can string more than two sentences together.

And actually make sense

827A8574-61E0-4FC0-89EA-E62AD179D6BC.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. You should not tolerate supervisors ever working. Full pension credit for a P/Ter is 750 hours per year, 13.5 hours per week, you should be demanding every last minute of your guarantee.

The "work load" is a staffing issue, that is management's problem, not yours

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Pretty simple. They're supposed to send you help from union workers. If you allow them to work, then you're taking work from others. Workers might be sent home or punching out early.

Just stick with the contact.

4. I'm still waiting for a full timer to do it.

5. lovelyleo

lovelyleo New Member

@Pre Loader the union is not the “ bad guy” nor is your pt sup believe you me when I used to be a pt sup I would almost beg my employees to file because what happens is when the sup “helps” you it “ looks” like ONE employee is getting all that work done ( sups are NOT calculated into the hours/volume = pph) so what happens is the next quarter corporate decides we’ll you got x amount of volume completed in x amount of time with ONLY x amount of employees.. ( remember those 2 sups helping you?? Corporate thinks YOU did all that work alone ...sooo let’s raise the pph and cut staffing ...SO glad I got out of pt management and went to driving!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

[​IMG]........ABSOLUTELY JUST WITH YOU!!

7. Days

Days Active Member

Not always the case

If Saturday’s are not profitable than why do them?

8. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Define profitable by ups standards...

Cuz its profitable for me to work 6 days. Id work a 7th with the option of taking 2 days off if i felt like it every week

9. Days

Days Active Member

Oh I would definitely work Saturday’s if I had the chance lol. I mean that I’ve read numbers on this board that delivering on the weekends doesn’t make the company any money. So pretty much doing weekends only because our competitors do weekends

10. Days

Days Active Member

Thanks for making me feel better about my work station. Also why give someone a reasonable workload when you can just bully and harass them instead? Even if you could theoretically keep up with that and never stack out, you won’t get any kind of thanks for it except maybe more work

11. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

Someone gets it. I'll add that Supervisors working are stealing from all of us in two significant ways:
    1. Pension contributions. That Sup and the unhired worker aren't making pension contributions nor are they recovered through the grievance process. Part timers tend to leave before they are vested and that forfeited money helps strengthen the pension for those who stay.

2. That Sup and unhired worker aren't contributing to your healthcare plan, also money that isn't recovered through the grievance process. Part timers tend to be younger and healthier so the contributions have a net positive effect for all of us in strengthening the plans, lowering costs, and creating a larger pool of insured for negotiating leverage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. I find the Union is a waste of money. I also find it strange, that in my facility at least, all union reps are drivers. They have no idea about pre-load.

13. MarvelousMunata

In my preload shift we have 3. One drives, one drops off irregs and the other sorts/loads.

14. walk the jewels

walk the jewels just driving around in circles

Isn't Mexico y'all's neighbor?

15. MarvelousMunata

Thats a different kind of neighbor...the kind you dont really talk to cuz you stole their stuff way back when

16. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Some of our best shop stewards are preloaders. Maybe you should step up.

17. That’s great, I didn’t say shop stewards, I said pre-load.

18. 542thruNthru

Yes but you said all union reps are drivers. I assumed you meant stewards.

19. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

618E4BB2-FA55-4509-BD8C-05B18937E775.gif

20. 542thruNthru

Who me?