burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
...late on this. But yall know management can manipulate how much work you get daily right. I mean literally they adjust work load/ flow throughout the week. If you are heavy its cuz they wanted you to be heavy.
Theyll have u clock in at 4am and have unload start at 415am, tell you theyll "help" and then next thing you know you cant retire on time cuz the time they took from you doesnt count for the minimum hours needed yearly for your pension to add up. Resulting in you working an extra 5 to 8 years to make up every half hours worth of "help" that sup gave you.
There are immediate and long term affects of supervisors working. In the end, youre the one getting :censored2:ed. Dont let management make the union out to be the bad guy.
They have so many options when it comes to making your work day easier and not get grieved.

It’s refreshing to see a part timer that can string more than two sentences together.

And actually make sense

827A8574-61E0-4FC0-89EA-E62AD179D6BC.gif

Trailer monkey

...late on this. But yall know management can manipulate how much work you get daily right. I mean literally they adjust work load/ flow throughout the week. If you are heavy its cuz they wanted you to be heavy.
Theyll have u clock in at 4am and have unload start at 415am, tell you theyll "help" and then next thing you know you cant retire on time cuz the time they took from you doesnt count for the minimum hours needed yearly for your pension to add up. Resulting in you working an extra 5 to 8 years to make up every half hours worth of "help" that sup gave you.
There are immediate and long term affects of supervisors working. In the end, youre the one getting :censored2:ed. Dont let management make the union out to be the bad guy.
They have so many options when it comes to making your work day easier and not get grieved.
You should not tolerate supervisors ever working. Full pension credit for a P/Ter is 750 hours per year, 13.5 hours per week, you should be demanding every last minute of your guarantee.

The "work load" is a staffing issue, that is management's problem, not yours

Johnny123456789

Ive been a pre loader for over a year now. Let me preface by saying I have a full time career during the day as a marketing executive for the past 10 years; started pre load to pay off debt faster. Ive never seen a corporation so messed up by Union BS and I have worked with numerous national and international corporations and non profits over my marketing career.

So, after working for UPS for a year as an "hourly" I have to say the Union is more of a detriment than a boon.

First, albeit, Im not familiar with Union style work environments, the Union seems to make our life harder. We have 5 belt supers and all they want to do is help...... but they can't, because the "old school" Union people keep complaining. FYI OLD GUYS, THEY ARE TRYING TO HELP US!!! Its so upsetting when I get stacked out, my supe tries to help catch up and then they have to stop cause some, usually an older driver working pre load, threatened to file a grievance, even after I tried to defend my supe and say I asked for help.

Curious if this is just here or if it happens at multiple locations? Im in a mid size warehouse, 250K city pop. that delivers to about 700K total pop local and surrounding towns.

Pretty simple. They're supposed to send you help from union workers. If you allow them to work, then you're taking work from others. Workers might be sent home or punching out early.

Just stick with the contact.

lovelyleo

@Pre Loader the union is not the “ bad guy” nor is your pt sup believe you me when I used to be a pt sup I would almost beg my employees to file because what happens is when the sup “helps” you it “ looks” like ONE employee is getting all that work done ( sups are NOT calculated into the hours/volume = pph) so what happens is the next quarter corporate decides we’ll you got x amount of volume completed in x amount of time with ONLY x amount of employees.. ( remember those 2 sups helping you?? Corporate thinks YOU did all that work alone ...sooo let’s raise the pph and cut staffing ...SO glad I got out of pt management and went to driving!!!!

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Ive been a pre loader for over a year now. Let me preface by saying I have a full time career during the day as a marketing executive for the past 10 years; started pre load to pay off debt faster. Ive never seen a corporation so messed up by Union BS and I have worked with numerous national and international corporations and non profits over my marketing career.

So, after working for UPS for a year as an "hourly" I have to say the Union is more of a detriment than a boon.

First, albeit, Im not familiar with Union style work environments, the Union seems to make our life harder. We have 5 belt supers and all they want to do is help...... but they can't, because the "old school" Union people keep complaining. FYI OLD GUYS, THEY ARE TRYING TO HELP US!!! Its so upsetting when I get stacked out, my supe tries to help catch up and then they have to stop cause some, usually an older driver working pre load, threatened to file a grievance, even after I tried to defend my supe and say I asked for help.

Curious if this is just here or if it happens at multiple locations? Im in a mid size warehouse, 250K city pop. that delivers to about 700K total pop local and surrounding towns.

tenor.gif
........ABSOLUTELY JUST WITH YOU!!

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Define profitable by ups standards...

Cuz its profitable for me to work 6 days. Id work a 7th with the option of taking 2 days off if i felt like it every week

Days

Define profitable by ups standards...

Cuz its profitable for me to work 6 days. Id work a 7th with the option of taking 2 days off if i felt like it every week

Oh I would definitely work Saturday’s if I had the chance lol. I mean that I’ve read numbers on this board that delivering on the weekends doesn’t make the company any money. So pretty much doing weekends only because our competitors do weekends

Days

I understand and I am very pro union. My dad is a retired Teamster of 40 yrs. I know sups can’t help and why and while I agree, how do the necessary changes happen? I’m at the end of a belt not an actual belt mind you but a roller extension (I am technically outside but for a tarp over my head) where half the packages fall off the end of the belt instead of going down the rollers. I have 4 trucks at the end two on each side of the belt all 4 trucks 250-350 pieces each. I can’t be at the end of the belt to get the packages down the rollers and be at 4 trucks on opposite sides of the belt all at the same time. I am constantly stacked my stew watches sups like a hawk threatening grievances if they help but where does that leave me? Meanwhile we all get crap about scan rates and misloads. I got a verbal the other day for 13 misloads in one truck! which was clearly someone grabbing a stack and putting it in the wrong truck trying to help wrap up.
HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO HIRE AND STAFF THE PEOPLE NEEDED?

Thanks for making me feel better about my work station. Also why give someone a reasonable workload when you can just bully and harass them instead? Even if you could theoretically keep up with that and never stack out, you won’t get any kind of thanks for it except maybe more work

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Someone gets it. I'll add that Supervisors working are stealing from all of us in two significant ways:
1. Pension contributions. That Sup and the unhired worker aren't making pension contributions nor are they recovered through the grievance process. Part timers tend to leave before they are vested and that forfeited money helps strengthen the pension for those who stay.

2. That Sup and unhired worker aren't contributing to your healthcare plan, also money that isn't recovered through the grievance process. Part timers tend to be younger and healthier so the contributions have a net positive effect for all of us in strengthening the plans, lowering costs, and creating a larger pool of insured for negotiating leverage.