UPS-approved jackets?

PeasAndCarrots

I'll even take a damn hoodie. I have a hand-me-down standard issue jacket now but it's got to be really cold or I sweat in it. I've seen some guys get away with brown north face or columbia fleeces but I'm hoping the standard isn't the only option.

And yes, I used the search option. It's only old outdated stuff or new useless threads.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Driving with a coat on, no fun at all. Don't know how you can do this job with a coat on. Id rather wear tight warm layers with a long sleeve shirt on lol. Just never could do it. So stinkin uncomfortable, but main thing is to be comfortable some way some how. All bout comfort physically and mentally.

mrbrownstone

No
I'll even take a damn hoodie. I have a hand-me-down standard issue jacket now but it's got to be really cold or I sweat in it. I've seen some guys get away with brown north face or columbia fleeces but I'm hoping the standard isn't the only option.

And yes, I used the search option. It's only old outdated stuff or new useless threads.

You should be able to get a vest through your driving center. I am using the vest already some days this year. The nice thing is it zippers into the jacket when it gets really cold.

Find out who does the uniform ordering in your center and have them order you what you need. You should not have hand-me-down clothing.

Future

Victory Ride
Driving with a coat on, no fun at all. Don't know how you can do this job with a coat on. Id rather wear tight warm layers with a long sleeve shirt on lol. Just never could do it. So stinkin uncomfortable, but main thing is to be comfortable some way some how. All bout comfort physically and mentally.
I really prefer very loose fitting cloths ( not gangster style) one snug under armour long sleeve to start then very loose layers after.....like you said very important to find whats comfortable for oneself doing this job!

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Is wearing black under armor under short sleeves acceptable? just wondering. i saw a driver wearing a sweet brown pull over windbreak type thing, not sure what it's called but i asked him where he got it and he just said he got it in package. anyone know what i'm talking about?

jaker

trolling
I have a few brown hoodies and no one has ever said anything to me

I have worn black long sleeve under armor shirts a few times with nothing said , but I can't work in them all day unless its really cold

I now wear compression sleeves in the morning and when I get warmed up or hot I just pull the sleeves off

Travwise

Going out on a limb here...you're probably not assigned to a center where you are the only employee. That being said, :censored2:ing ask a real human! For :censored2:s sakes alive man...come on the internet looking for work clothes.

Actually I take that back. You have to knit your own winter clothing. Sorry no one told you when you got hired. It's in the contract.

oldngray

nowhere special
We used to get a catalog with company-approved uniform items we could buy. There was a golf style windshirt in it. They also had cotton polos that I liked.

(Don't tell, but I once "acquired" a helper jacket and I still have it.;))

A lot of people bought the windbreaker and wooley pulley from that catalog.

We used to get a catalog with company-approved uniform items we could buy. There was a golf style windshirt in it. They also had cotton polos that I liked.

20141017_191450.jpg
I still have one left.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We use to get a catalog with company-approved uniform items we could buy. There was a golf style windshirt in it. They also had cotton polos that I liked.

CAM00041.jpg
Helper jacket? Me too...lol I got this a few peaks ago when we were carting the mall routes out to a rental in the yard...it's 2 sizes too large but pretty warm..

UPSGUY72

In the winter I wear a couple of layers of clothing and my vest. The only time I'll wear a jacket is if it's raining or snowing and that to keep from getting wet.