UPS-approved jackets?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Our big pcm on Friday was about only approved uniform parts being approved for cold. Hoodies, even UPS hoodies, are not uniform.

Neither are masks, earbands, scarfs, or any hat not one of the ugly brown things we get as our uniform.

Appearance is more important than comfort.

We used to get the same talk about this time of year. But, once we hit single digits and less, all bets were off. I had one of those fur lined Arctic type hats with the earflaps in brown that somebody bought me at Christmas. Once it got really cold, no one in management said anything about it.

Now, my helper jacket was a different story.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
All about wearing layers, freak wearing them nerdball jackets you cant move in lol.
Unless it's ridiculously cold I can generally get by with just thermals, t-shirt and long sleeve uniform shirt. If it gets really cold I throw on the raincoat on top of that and leave it unzipped.

Overpaid Union Thug

What are these elusive waterproof jackets you speak of?

Thursday it was in the upper 50's, and I was in shorts when the pooring rain started. It lasted about 90 minutes. When it stopped and I took off the jacket, both my uniform shirt and undershirt were damp but the shorts, which were not covered, were bone dry.
Mine have all come with a thin and light, almost plastic feeling, liner inside that keeps water out. The jackets do make you sweat though if its not cold outside. But luckily it doesn't rain so much in warmer weather here.

Last edited:
S

selfcancelsignal

All about wearing layers, freak wearing them nerdball jackets you cant move in lol.
Yep. T, long sleeve T, Brown sweatshirt or hoodie, & vest. center manager kinda tried to call me out on the hoodie last year, but turned out he didn't really care. The spring jacket I have is OK. Loose & a smidge big. Surprised I haven't caught it on anything & tore it yet. The winter coats? No! Same reason I can't wear Carharts. Too tight & ride up exposing my :censored2: crack & belly on occasion. Haha.

S

selfcancelsignal

Mine have all come with a thin and light, almost plastic feeling, liner inside that keeps water out. The jackets do make you sweat though if its not cold outside. But luckily it doesn't rain so much in warmer weather here.
Like the spring jacket keeping you dry, hate how the inside of it sticks to your arms from sweating after doing what seems like the slightest bit of work.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yep. T, long sleeve T, Brown sweatshirt or hoodie, & vest. center manager kinda tried to call me out on the hoodie last year, but turned out he didn't really care. The spring jacket I have is OK. Loose & a smidge big. Surprised I haven't caught it on anything & tore it yet. The winter coats? No! Same reason I can't wear Carharts. Too tight & ride up exposing my :censored2: crack & belly on occasion. Haha.
Same here think outside the box for comfort. Kick it new, not the old school robot mesmerized stuff they want and think you should wear lol.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's funny how one management person can determine your winter comport. We had a DM that issued an edict of "only company issue" was acceptable. No hoodies of any kind. Just about froze that winter. She left and the next DM was all about staying warm and "as long as it's brown" hoodies were acceptable.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Anyone of you old farts got an extra old style vest? Medium? These new ones blow donkey dick.
I'm with ya. The new ones are ugly and are like a flak jacket. The old ones have character and feel like a warm hug.

I rock a medium too but found a brand new small with the tags still on it last spring and felt like I hit the lottery.