UPS-approved jackets?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That was our argument, along with they are actually warmer than our jackets were (no full-length zipper).

Didn't work. Helpers only.

So, stash in supply tote until out on the road. Problem solved.
Screw em...why should the helpers be warmer than the drivers?

One winter day ...they tried to tell a driver who was in proper uniform, that he couldn't wear ups shorts.

ManInBrown

4 words

Under Armour Cold Gear

Right underneath the button up shirt and under the pants. They're amazing. You don't even feel the cold

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Rather wear tight layers underneath than those big goofy coats. So uncomfortable trying to wear a coat driving and getting in and out of truck. Its kind of like in the morning when its 20 to 30 degrees out and you got these :censored2:es walking around with no wool hat on. I just shake my head and laugh. Their like what are you shaking your head at and laughing about? Im like aren't your ears cold and didn't your mammy teach you when you were a little kid that you lose a lot of body heat through your head? Their like my ears aren't cold. Im like that's not what your ears are telling me dummy cause your ears are screaming bright red you idiot lmfao. I just don't get the stupidity and lack of preparation for the cold myself lol.

Rather wear tight layers underneath than those big goofy coats. So uncomfortable trying to wear a coat driving and getting in and out of truck. Its kind of like in the morning when its 20 to 30 degrees out and you got these :censored2:es walking around with no wool hat on. I just shake my head and laugh. Their like what are you shaking your head at and laughing about? Im like aren't your ears cold and didn't your mammy teach you when you were a little kid that you lose a lot of body heat through your head? Their like my ears aren't cold. Im like that's not what your ears are telling me dummy cause your ears are screaming bright red you idiot lmfao. I just don't get the stupidity and lack of preparation for the cold myself lol.
Quit crying! Just deliver the packages.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Quit crying! Just deliver the packages.
10521392_10152307227656896_30157642207402371_n.jpg
lol.

Cementups

Box Monkey
(Don't tell, but I once "acquired" a helper jacket and I still have it.;))

They are too ridiculously warm. I didn't even make my helper's wear those pullovers. If they were XL or XXL I would bring them a couple button down shirts to wear and just make them return them to me before I would give them their last checks. If they were smaller than that I would let them just wear whatever they wanted as long as they were comfortable.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They are too ridiculously warm. I didn't even make my helper's wear those pullovers. If they were XL or XXL I would bring them a couple button down shirts to wear and just make them return them to me before I would give them their last checks. If they were smaller than that I would let them just wear whatever they wanted as long as they were comfortable.

I agree. I only wore it on the coldest days, and appreciated it when I did wear it.

It gets a little colder up this way. But, I did always love the days you guys would get enough snow to shut down, and we wouldn't get any.:)

Foamer Pyle

I will be wearing my shorts, and short sleeve shirts all winter. Maybe, just maybe, I will break out the pants for a few days, weather permitting.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I will be wearing my shorts, and short sleeve shirts all winter. Maybe, just maybe, I will break out the pants for a few days, weather permitting.
I HATE WINTER in the northeast, and I already know some of you cats get super poopy winters lol. But winter anywhere blowz really lol.

We had ten -10 days last winter. I wore a sweater with a ups shirt and long john suite. That and 170 miles of driving make it work out great. If you have one of those 190 stops routes good luck.

Packmule

I'll even take a damn hoodie. I have a hand-me-down standard issue jacket now but it's got to be really cold or I sweat in it. I've seen some guys get away with brown north face or columbia fleeces but I'm hoping the standard isn't the only option.

And yes, I used the search option. It's only old outdated stuff or new useless threads.
I wear a hoodie that is legal UPS uniform I got under UPSers dot com, uniform apparel.
Trick getting to it but it has the official nod from the company. It's ugly, but functional.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I wear a hoodie that is legal UPS uniform I got under UPSers dot com, uniform apparel.
Trick getting to it but it has the official nod from the company. It's ugly, but functional.

About two years before I retired, we drivers all got a dark brown hoodie with the embroidered logo as a safety award. Really a nice sweatshirt. Then, we were told we couldn't wear them while working. WTF?

Ring Sport

We used to get a catalog with company-approved uniform items we could buy.

I personally liked the commando style sweaters. Sure wish we had the opportunity to buy quality gear instead of the trash they give us. Winter hats suck and look like a kid in elementary school wearing them. Not sure how that looks professional. A good rain coat would be awesome. Saw a another driver with one that looked pretty sweet. But he wouldn't tell me where he acquired it.

Packmule

Love the company issued stocking hats. Way too much. You either gotta stand them up like a cat in the hat, or roll them down and look like a Taliban terrorist.
I just wear the yellow and brown modern ones you get from UPS collection. They're logoed and match jacket colors perfectly.
An yes, we need a nice light baseball style rain jacket.