UPS-approved jackets?

oldngray

nowhere special
Love the company issued stocking hats. Way too much. You either gotta stand them up like a cat in the hat, or roll them down and look like a Taliban terrorist.
I just wear the yellow and brown modern ones you get from UPS collection. They're logoed and match jacket colors perfectly.
An yes, we need a nice light baseball style rain jacket.

Wear the farmer hat and put the flaps down. And you used to be able to buy a light rain jacket/windbreaker from the UPS catalog but of course that went away. UPS even started to tell drivers they could no longer wear them but since they were UPS logoed and had been purchased with the promise of being able to work in them drivers wore them anyway.

Overpaid Union Thug

I just wear the standard issued jacket and zip in vest if needed with my own layers underneath. All of the issued jackets I've had have been waterproof. I laugh when I see other drivers pay good money for jackets when UPS issues us good jackets for free. Plus, non issued jackets can be banned by management at any time. And looks silly. And customers usually know who we are when we appear at their door step or in their business while wearing the proper uniform jackets. Not so with non issue jackets.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I laugh when I see other drivers pay good money for jackets when UPS issues us good jackets for free.
Nah they suck. Options are either the only rain coat in the world that isn't waterproof which doesn't breathe well so you get wet and sweaty OR the heavy winter coat that is only good in zero weather and even then I have to unzip it.

iruhnman630

Our big pcm on Friday was about only approved uniform parts being approved for cold. Hoodies, even UPS hoodies, are not uniform.

Neither are masks, earbands, scarfs, or any hat not one of the ugly brown things we get as our uniform.

Appearance is more important than comfort.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I just like being comfy, same feeling I like when I'm home Chillin is how I wanna feel when I'm working all day. I guess it's about Chillin comfy all day everyday no matter what I'm doing is the mentality I go about it I guess lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Our big pcm on Friday was about only approved uniform parts being approved for cold. Hoodies, even UPS hoodies, are not uniform.

Neither are masks, earbands, scarfs, or any hat not one of the ugly brown things we get as our uniform.

Appearance is more important than comfort.
If they say so but not the approach I'm taking toward work, the place n thing your doing all day. Everywhere is different I suppose.

iruhnman630

And the coats suck in the wet. We just have to deal with being cold.

It always amazes me that UPS wont contract with a decent quality jacket provider that can withstand the elements, considering they expect us to be outside in all conditions.

I'm sure Columbia, North Face, or any one of the other quality gear makers would love a contract for 50,000 UPS brown coats.

iruhnman630

All of the issued jackets I've had have been waterproof.
What are these elusive waterproof jackets you speak of?

Thursday it was in the upper 50's, and I was in shorts when the pooring rain started. It lasted about 90 minutes. When it stopped and I took off the jacket, both my uniform shirt and undershirt were damp but the shorts, which were not covered, were bone dry.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
And the coats suck in the wet. We just have to deal with being cold.

It always amazes me that UPS wont contract with a decent quality jacket provider that can withstand the elements, considering they expect us to be outside in all conditions.

I'm sure Columbia, North Face, or any one of the other quality gear makers would love a contract for 50,000 UPS brown coats.
Agreed. I just wear what I want to wear once I get out on the road. I'll wear their goofyazz coat til I'm on the road n comfyville land lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What are these elusive waterproof jackets you speak of?

Thursday it was in the upper 50's, and I was in shorts when the pooring rain started. It lasted about 90 minutes. When it stopped and I took off the jacket, both my uniform shirt and undershirt were damp but the shorts, which were not covered, were bone dry.
I just wear my own raincoat I have when it rains hard.