UPS Bows to Teamster Pressure, Negotiations to Resume Next Week

SpicyItalian739

"UPS bowed today to the overwhelming show of Teamster unity and reached out to the union to resume negotiations."

How about UPS agreed to resume negotiations due to the overwhelming show of Teamster unity. His ego never stops.
You sound like the pundits that were chastising Trump for “marching us toward World War III” for being tough on Kim Jong Un—when in reality his bluster got us closer to world peace than any other time in the modern era.

Thankfully, you’re not negotiating our contract for us.

Trucker Clock

You sound like the pundits that were chastising Trump for “marching us toward World War III” for being tough on Kim Jong Un—when in reality his bluster got us closer to world peace than any other time in the modern era.

Thankfully, you’re not negotiating our contract for us.

IMG_7543.gif

Arizax2

I can believe they haven’t been talking. I bet SOB made his minimum offer very clear to them and said if we don’t get this we’re striking. Ups said they had nothing left to give, and then they left and have been playing chicken since

UPS is already paying starting pay $26 part time in some hubs, maybe they were trying to gauge public support during the chicken match, saw the public was on the workers side, and realize it’s better to pay that wage to all workers and get it done with. I really hope so at least
$26? Wtf are the PT sups getting paid then over there? This got to be Cali right?

Commercial Inside Release

That $26 is a Market Rate Adjustment (MRA), and can be revoked at any time. A lot of MRAs were revoked last year, as the workers were here screaming bloody murder for about four months.

UPS quit advertising wages when negotiations started. No mentions of any MRAs right now, so you must be in a really hot market (expensive area.)

Crosscutters

That $26 is a Market Rate Adjustment (MRA), and can be revoked at any time. A lot of MRAs were revoked last year, as the workers were here screaming bloody murder for about four months.

UPS quit advertising wages when negotiations started. No mentions of any MRAs right now, so you must be in a really hot market (expensive area.)
$26? Wtf are the PT sups getting paid then over there? This got to be Cali right?
New York City I believe. How can the union then fight for less than is already being paid. And if they did why would someone form nyc vote for it?

DOK

"UPS bowed today to the overwhelming show of Teamster unity and reached out to the union to resume negotiations."

How about UPS agreed to resume negotiations due to the overwhelming show of Teamster unity. His ego never stops.
This, it’s nauseating.

Karma...

sob has shown some strong negotiating skills right up to the brinks.......do youse folks think that biden will allow sob to organize amazon and fdx thereby creating a union monopoly grip on parcel delivery's ?

mikejonesjr

We are going to have some dissapointed people when they see what the start rate offer is.
The union has to know what ups is willing to offer now if they are going back to the table. It must be closer to what the Union proposed otherwise what would be any different than when negotiations fell through

ManInBrown

The union has to know what ups is willing to offer now if they are going back to the table. It must be closer to what the Union proposed otherwise what would be any different than when negotiations fell through
Nah. What is the union going to say? UPS called and we declined to return to the table? They have, I believe a legal obligation to return. The resumed negotiations could be over in 5 minutes. UPS could present the same offer.