UPS Bows to Teamster Pressure, Negotiations to Resume Next Week

Nah. What is the union going to say? UPS called and we declined to return to the table? They have, I believe a legal obligation to return. The resumed negotiations could be over in 5 minutes. UPS could present the same offer.

Screenshot_20230719-184219-459.png

R1wonder

I hear the offer was no raises for the life of the contract . That seems outrageous. They do the Mra on their own so they obviously know it’s needed to hire people . Seems like ups is just wasting time on something they plan to give us

ManInBrown

View attachment 438663
“We are prepared to increase our industry leading pay” that doesn’t mean a bump from when negotiations broke off. That could be the same as the last offer. The last offer was an increase on industry leading pay, but it wasn’t enough.

Not trying to be pessimistic. Just keeping it real. Could be the same as the last offer. We returned, they didnt take the deal. We tried.

“We are prepared to increase our industry leading pay” that doesn’t mean a bump from when negotiations broke off. That could be the same as the last offer. The last offer was an increase on industry leading pay, but it wasn’t enough.

Not trying to be pessimistic. Just keeping it real. Could be the same as the last offer. We returned, they didnt take the deal. We tried.
Guess we'll find out next week

Pullman Brown

Doubt it. They’re ready to play ball it will better but it still might not be enough.

HarryWarden

Nah. What is the union going to say? UPS called and we declined to return to the table? They have, I believe a legal obligation to return. The resumed negotiations could be over in 5 minutes. UPS could present the same offer.
I doubt it. Ups has to see the public and political support the workers have gotten. All the comments online are on our side, Congress just sent a letter with 200 signatures urging a resolution and saying they won’t intervene in a strike, retail agency groups have written to ups.

It would just look really, really bad for ups if we striked. They’ve barely been defending themselves because even that sounds bad, saying they don’t want to pay workers more

HarryWarden

I hear the offer was no raises for the life of the contract . That seems outrageous. They do the Mra on their own so they obviously know it’s needed to hire people . Seems like ups is just wasting time on something they plan to give us
To be fair, we’ve heard a lot of things from a lot of people and nothing has proven to be true.

How many people have said on hear they’re friends with people on the negotiating table and they’re announcing a deal the next day?

Nobody knows anything. I think nothing has gone on since the 5th. Ups gave their offer, union said that’s not enough, we need this much, and that was the end of it. Ups decided to judge how the public would react or see if the union or its members would back down, and now hopefully they’re smart enough to see it will be easier for everyone to just pay their workers more money

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You sound like the pundits that were chastising Trump for “marching us toward World War III” for being tough on Kim Jong Un—when in reality his bluster got us closer to world peace than any other time in the modern era.

Thankfully, you’re not negotiating our contract for us.
Tough on Kim Jong Un (which he wasn't) while residing up Putin's hind side.

World peace has never existed and Trump is not capable of fostering any degree of it, ever.

Thebrownblob

To be fair, we’ve heard a lot of things from a lot of people and nothing has proven to be true.

How many people have said on hear they’re friends with people on the negotiating table and they’re announcing a deal the next day?

Nobody knows anything. I think nothing has gone on since the 5th. Ups gave their offer, union said that’s not enough, we need this much, and that was the end of it. Ups decided to judge how the public would react or see if the union or its members would back down, and now hopefully they’re smart enough to see it will be easier for everyone to just pay their workers more money
I haven’t heard anybody say they’re friends with someone on the negotiating committee, and there’s an announcement of a deal the next day.

DriverNerd

Also possible ups has seen the public support along with political support for the workers and figured it’s not a winning battle.
Was a very smart move for SOB to hit all the news channels and keep most comments centered around part timers and shifting quickly away from full time pay.