UPS Bows to Teamster Pressure, Negotiations to Resume Next Week

Hot Carl

Encouraging news. From the sound of things, we aren't that far from the finish line, and I've kind of gotten the sense of late that both sides are looking for an off-ramp. This might be it.

This is all scripted theater. Amazon overlord Jeff Bezos needs a strike to happen so Teamsters can't gang up on him while their funds are depleted. UPS will bow and kowtow to the bald headed :censored2: that has billions.

Last edited:

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Encouraging news. From the sound of things, we aren't that far from the finish line, and I've kind of gotten the sense of late that both sides are looking for an off-ramp. This might be it.

View attachment 438663
IMG_2272.png

Holding it down!

JL 0513

Who ever saw this coming that UPS would take this to the final week? Same garbage every 5 years. Billions of dollars at stake and they're like a college student waiting til 11pm to study for the final the next morning.

Today's Wednesday, and they announce that negotiations start again next week, the final week? Not tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday? Not like millions of people are sitting on the edge of their chairs or anything.

Another point is that O'Brien set the end of this week as a deadline in order for there to be time for the members to review and vote for the agreement. Looks like he's letting that slide?

anonymous23456

Who ever saw this coming that UPS would take this to the final week? Same garbage every 5 years. Billions of dollars at stake and they're like a college student waiting til 11pm to study for the final the next morning.

Today's Wednesday, and they announce that negotiations start again next week, the final week? Not tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday? Not like millions of people are sitting on the edge of their chairs or anything.

Another point is that O'Brian set the end of this week as a deadline in order for there to be time for the members to review and vote for the agreement. Looks like he's letting that slide?
It is the strange thing. Thursday and Friday are not the weekends. People have to go to work but these guys act like they are on 3 days work week!

twotwofour

Another point is that O'Brien set the end of this week as a deadline in order for there to be time for the members to review and vote for the agreement. Looks like he's letting that slide?
O'Brien has been letting UPS slide this whole time.

First is was, lets have the locals finish before the national starts, he balked.
Then it was UPS better have something on June 30, whoops, I really meant July 5th. I really mean it this time UPS.
Then UPS comes back with pay cuts for full timers, and O'Brien starts crying about PT pay... um what?
Then O'Brien flip flopped on we are walking on Aug 1, to "We'll extend the current contract we never voted for however long you need to UPS". So now UPS can come back at the final week and offer meager rations for the scrubs.

We literally have UPS by the throat and he is letting them walk, every time.

First is was, lets have the locals finish before the national starts, he balked.
Then it was UPS better have something on June 30, whoops, I really meant July 5th. I really mean it this time UPS.
Then UPS comes back with pay cuts for full timers, and O'Brien starts crying about PT pay... um what?
Then O'Brien flip flopped on we are walking on Aug 1, to "We'll extend the current contract we never voted for however long you need to UPS". So now UPS can come back at the final week and offer meager rations for the scrubs.

You're listening to too many people who don't know how this works, and you clearly haven’t been here long enough. What would you suggest he do when time is ticking and 42 of 44 supplements are done, and the remaining two recommend he move on to the master? What would you suggest he do when the company refuses to hand over a LBFO on the 30th? What would you suggest he do when they refuse again on the 5th? What would you suggest he do if he has a completed TA in hand that the IBT endorses on July 31?

twotwofour

You're listening to too many people who don't know how this works, and you clearly haven’t been here long enough. What would you suggest he do when time is ticking and 42 of 44 supplements are done, and the remaining two recommend he move on to the master? What would you suggest he do when the company refuses to hand over a LBFO on the 30th? What would you suggest he do when they refuse again on the 5th? What would you suggest he do if he has a completed TA in hand that the IBT endorses on July 31?
idk, im just copying stuff I saw on FB:wacko:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I think pretty much everything you listed sets us up well to look like the side that has been willing to negotiate in good faith and keep coming back to the table. That's a necessary image to paint for public and government support.

He's made UPS look like they're unreasonable and slow walking the process. I don't think that's an easy feat when we're really asking for a lot.