Ups Intent to Terminate

sandwich

The resident gearhead
They just told me I was signing for a three day suspension and never gave it to me.
Never sign the discipline sheet. No self respecting steward should ever let a member sign that. It’s a sign of weakness.

so there is 2 things here.

you can screw up again before you serve your suspension. Thus taking you to the next step of progressive discipline

OR

they never sent the letter which means you never officially were suspended.

They just told me I was signing for a three day suspension and never gave it to me.
I agree it is a scare tactic but file that grievance to cover yourself. I worked preload for a lot of years when we started at 3:45 and drivers left at 8:00 AM. Of course we were paid $.50/hr less then FT drivers then.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I was thinking that earlier. They are probably hoping he is late during his working termination.
Working suspension? What is that?!
It's like being half pregnant.
Pull all of the records.
File for fmla. Screenshot_20200415-224955_Google.jpg
And go to bed earlier.

iruhnman630

I have only seen one person fired for tardiness.

He had a hard enough time getting to work on time when he was an eam driver living 8 minutes from the building.

Then he bought a house over an hour away.

He is a trucker now

barnyard

KTM rider
had to file grievance and barely got his job back
You either get your job back or you do not.

In your case, it depends on how bad the attendance problem is and if they have fired anyone yet. You might be the example that they use to get everyone to start coming in on time.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t think an intent to terminate puts you on working termination.

I think it’s just like a super duper warning letter notifying you of the next step of progressive discipline.

El Correcto

god is dead
I got two of them and didn’t really understand what was going on. I protested them like a warning letter and nothing ever became of them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do understand how being in a union works when it comes to discipline right?

You have zero knowledge of the attendance issues happening at his building.

clearly this is managements fault and they are now trying to fix it by over correcting the issue.

It's management's fault that this kid can't wake up on time?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you didn’t read this from the start I didn’t ask for negative comments like this. Not everyone is set up in ideal situations. I’m working two jobs and going to school. I also have had two kids during the time of me having this job that I love very much. Please keep all the negativity out of my comment section, I’m here for information to help me in my situation. Your sound just like a sup

"Your sound just like a sup."

You want info on your situation------it's very simple----you lack the maturity to accept the responsibility which comes with an early morning job.

My newspaper is delivered every morning at 5 am. Somehow the carrier is able to get up on time to make sure that this happens.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Never sign the discipline sheet. No self respecting steward should ever let a member sign that. It’s a sign of weakness.

so there is 2 things here.

you can screw up again before you serve your suspension. Thus taking you to the next step of progressive discipline

OR

they never sent the letter which means you never officially were suspended.

So does the discipline sheet magically disappear if he refuses to sign it?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
"Your sound just like a sup."

You want info on your situation------it's very simple----you lack the maturity to accept the responsibility which comes with an early morning job.

My newspaper is delivered every morning at 5 am. Somehow the carrier is able to get up on time to make sure that this happens.
No one cares about your newspaper.

So does the discipline sheet magically disappear if he refuses to sign it?
It just might if it's uneven discipline, unjust, or the language of the cba wasnt followed.

If all of us quit correcting your dumb and arrogant statements will you "magically disappear" again?