VOTE "YES"

BrownRecycler

Making more money than package handler and accusing mid tier career (driving positions) as "meat grinder"? And, I thought the entry level was the meat grinder. After all, people who survive the meat grinder shouldn't have a problem with driving.

Quickdraw

The way I understand the contract is 22.4 drives will make hub pay in the hub based on what ever their seniority is. Then on sat and sun when they are driving they will make (I don't know the exact dollars amount off the top of my head don't scold me) 4 or 5 dollars less then a regular package car driver yet doing the same job how does that even make since? I wouldn't do any ones job for less money then what they are making. A package car driver weather full time or part time or a combo all need to make the same rate of pay period that goes for any job position

Quickdraw

Weather you do package car 5 days a week or 2 days a week when your in the package car everyone should be making the same rate that's what I'm trying to get at

542thruNthru

The way I understand the contract is 22.4 drives will make hub pay in the hub based on what ever their seniority is. Then on sat and sun when they are driving they will make (I don't know the exact dollars amount off the top of my head don't scold me) 4 or 5 dollars less then a regular package car driver yet doing the same job how does that even make since? I wouldn't do any ones job for less money then what they are making. A package car driver weather full time or part time or a combo all need to make the same rate of pay period that goes for any job position

They will make the same rate inside as they do driving. Not that it matters because they will rarely work inside in most areas.

Quickdraw

That's not how it was explained to me but if that's the case that's better then what I was under the impression of. No one wants a Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday sechudle but why not just do it that way. As a feeder driver thats how we are and have been for a year now I guess so why would they not go that way as well? I'm not suggesting it as much as I'm asking a question

I was explained the 22.4 jobs would work the same way as 22.3
Not at all. 22.3 can only do air work not ground. 22.3 gets paid the air rate while driving and whatever their part time inside rate would be while working in the building.

22.4 jobs will get the same rate no matter what job they do, the only difference is they can deliver ground.

BrownRecycler

Weather you do package car 5 days a week or 2 days a week when your in the package car everyone should be making the same rate that's what I'm trying to get at

I have a question. What are the work load like in 22.4 compared to other? Are they the same - same weight and size?