Box Ox

Pushing back I can see but quitting UPS after 20 years is foolish.

How many furniture galleries and 150-200 pounders did you deliver as part of your 200+ stop days before you retired?

That’s in addition to the constant harassment.

rod

Retired 22 years
How many furniture galleries and 150-200 pounders did you deliver as part of your 200+ stop days before you retired?

Hey---when I started UPS had a 50 pound weight limit and anything over 103 L/G got sent back automatically. I remember working up a sweat a couple of times.

rod

Retired 22 years

I should add that our center manager only checked on us twice a week otherwise we were on our own. Times were tough.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I've said this before but the teamster brass could start pushing back on this but they won't with who we have at the top now... filing harassment and 9.5 only gets you so far....if the international started pushing back and support the locals we would be in a much better situation....I'm tired of hearing "you need to have think skin to work here" and "this job isn't for everyone".... friend that!!!we should be able to work in a DECENT environment dammit!!

Box Ox

Hey---when I started UPS had a 50 pound weight limit and anything over 103 L/G got sent back automatically. I remember working up a sweat a couple of times.

I should add that our center manager only checked on us twice a week otherwise we were on our own. Times were tough.

Just saying. "Holding on" isn't nearly what it used to be.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just saying. "Holding on" isn't nearly what it used to be.

I'm just throwing gas on the fire. I realize it isn't what it used to be and I would have a hard time working at the "new" UPS now. That being said it wasn't all sunshine and lollypops when I worked either.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm just throwing gas on the fire. I realize it isn't what it used to be and I would have a hard time working at the "new" UPS now. That being said it wasn't all sunshine and lollypops when I worked either.
Have heard they use to kick the back of drivers heels and calves, that's come from a couple old extra ups drivers... that s wouldn't happen today.. guaranteed...