Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Its not always about the money. Sometime mental health take priority.

I didn't say it was about the money. I was trying to say that UPS isn't that different from many other employers in how they treat their employees.

It would suck for you to take a pay cut and have the same issues somewhere else. That's why I asked if you had any other options.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im feeder relief . So i have to bounce back and fourth. UPS has moved or eliminated 10 runs from our building in the past few years. Hence my frustration. And with the number 1 driver over 43yrs seniority. Its hard to move up.
Yeah....they want to work into their 70's now....their choice but I don't get it... I'm not going to be Marty peters who had 63 years at ups...hell to the no!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Personally I don't think one in a hundred feeder drivers could ever make it going back to package. I don't get what the hassle is with this guy getting bumped off of routes and such. Driving feeder is basically point A to point B. The only difference being when your start time might be. 20 years in is too much to give up for something so trivial.

But you are our pkg monkey curious George
MFFnX6apRRlYs.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
NorCal rider... my medical is covered for life after i retire. I do have to pay for my spouse.

Are you sure it isn't just until you reach Medicare age (65)? LIFE TIME just don't sound right. Even if it IS lifetime----don't count on it staying that way the way medical coverage is now days.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Personally I don't think one in a hundred feeder drivers could ever make it going back to package. I don't get what the hassle is with this guy getting bumped off of routes and such. Driving feeder is basically point A to point B. The only difference being when your start time might be. 20 years in is too much to give up for something so trivial.
Rod, the biggest difference is the constant harassment that comes with pkgs...it's a joke. I might see my Onroad sup in feeder about once a month and we are both usually on the same schedule.... you are mostly dealing with feeder dispatch...I could go back to my route and center and finish my last 8 or 9 years... it's the constant mind games that I don't miss, and I was rarely talked to..(usually an hour over btw)...it's the constant fight about that extra 15 stops....bs time allowances...bs warning letters... backing, absolutely poor trace and the constant safety at all costs bs... where in feeder I honestly feel as a 25+ year employee that they DO care about the safety of myself and my fellow feeder group...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Gotta push back sometimes....someone can only get kicked so much when down...

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod, the biggest difference is the constant harassment that comes with pkgs...it's a joke. I might see my Onroad sup in feeder about once a month and we are both usually on the same schedule.... you are mostly dealing with feeder dispatch...I could go back to my route and center and finish my last 8 or 9 years... it's the constant mind games that I don't miss, and I was rarely talked to..(usually an hour over btw)...it's the constant fight about that extra 15 stops....bs time allowances...bs warning letters... backing, absolutely poor trace and the constant safety at all costs bs... where in feeder I honestly feel as a 25+ year employee that they DO care about the safety of myself and my fellow feeder group...

I agree that harassment has a lot to do with why feeder drivers don't want anything to do with going back to package but I also believe that not wanting to bust ones balls every day stops them too. I mean why would anyone want to run around like a chicken with its head cut off when you can sit in an air-conditioned cab listening to tunes for 10- to 12 hours a day/night and get paid even more for it. Yes I know the feeders aren't a picnic in the winter BUT neither is package.

Dhydratd

The pension is why I havent walked away already. Maybe its a mid-life crisis...
It's not a mid-life crisis, this job truly sucks now and it's only going to get worse. There is another option open for me in approximately 6 more months and I'm taking it. The long hours and stress are starting to take a toll on both my physical and mental health.
:censored2: UPS and their damn corporate greed!!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
It's not a mid-life crisis, this job truly sucks now and it's only going to get worse. There is another option open for me in approximately 6 more months and I'm taking it. The long hours and stress are starting to take a toll on both my physical and mental health.
:censored2: UPS and their damn corporate greed!!!!!

If its a mid-life crisis thing he should go buy a Harley and that will cure that.