What are the chances this contract passes?

kumet

.How many drivers you ever hear of near Medicare age . Only if they are disabled. Check caps on your pensions. plan on most of your pension going to insurance premiums. Retire before 12/31 if this contract passes. Plan on buying other insurance for your children. t/a says retiree or retiree plus. Doesn’t say family.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
My guess is this is going to pass. Too little information out so far. Too many rumors and mis-information out there. Too many teamsters willing to sell out the newbies. Too many that just do what the union says. Too many part timers that don't vote. People on UPS insurance plans that don't realize the downgrade to their new union health care plan. Yep, this is going to pass. I am voting NO all the way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

.How many drivers you ever hear of near Medicare age . Only if they are disabled. Check caps on your pensions. plan on most of your pension going to insurance premiums. Retire before 12/31 if this contract passes. Plan on buying other insurance for your children. t/a says retiree or retiree plus. Doesn’t say family.

You would need to retire on or before 7/31, not 12/31, to be covered by our existing benefits package.

I am voting "yes". I also voted for Obama (twice) and, yes, I am white.

stink219

My guess is this is going to pass. Too little information out so far. Too many rumors and mis-information out there. Too many teamsters willing to sell out the newbies. Too many that just do what the union says. Too many part timers that don't vote. People on UPS insurance plans that don't realize the downgrade to their new union health care plan. Yep, this is going to pass. I am voting NO all the way.
Too little information? You have the actual language in the TA. What other information is there? I agree with you there are many sites with misinformation. But since May 7th we can read the actual written word.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Too little information? You have the actual language in the TA. What other information is there? I agree with you there are many sites with misinformation. But since May 7th we can read the actual written word.
Health care plan details. Retiree health care plan details. Which plan our retirees will be on if they retire 7/31, 12/31 or 1/1. Dependent eligability rules for active employees after 1/1. Dependent eligability rules for retirees if they retire before 7/31 or before 12/31 or after 1/1.
I have heard so many rumors on this and can not find it writing.
Stink, your health care plan is staying the same. Ours is being downgraded big time. How big is still a mystery.

kumet

Effective January 1, 2014, the following enhancements will be implemented:
35 years, any age - $3,700
30 or more years, any age - $3,200 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,700
Effective January 1, 2017, the following enhancements will be implemented:
35 years, any age - $3,900
30 or more years, any age - $3,400 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,900
...who will be retired in 6 years, debt free, with a $5K/month pension...I got mine...you all are on your own...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
image0083.jpg
image0083.jpg

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It pisses me off too! They were new upsers once upon a time and someone fought for their future.

They certainly didn't fight for the future of PTers.

Offer the PTers a $1 "catch up" raise, eliminate retirement health care entirely and you'll get a "yes" vote from me.