What are the chances this contract passes?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Judging from the sorry attendance at our meeting for the second Saturday in a row, I doubt that most workers are even aware that its contract time.

over9five

Staff member
Judging from the sorry attendance at our meeting for the second Saturday in a row, I doubt that most workers are even aware that its contract time.

x2.
At our meetings today, exactly 38 members showed up for the P/ter session. I would guess about 90 for the friend/ter.

That's out of 3100 total UPS members.
Sad.

TimeForChange

From the mouth of Randy :censored2: this morning... "Your vote doesn't matter."

WOWWWW. Did he really say that? No Labor leader should ever tell his members that what they think, want, or vote doesn't matter. First of all, he is flat out wrong. Technically (although highly unlikely) this TA could pass or fail by one vote. But Local 63 is one of the largest UPS Locals in the country. They have thousands of UPS members. So their votes DO matter. It's well past time for :censored2: to go. This is :censored2: (who used to be a UPS magager) in the brown (how appropriate) suit:

No respect at all.jpg

Please visit the "Vote No on UPS Contract" facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/161346104027154/?fref=ts
No respect at all.jpg

Last edited:

rudy5150

So Hoffa and Hall helped UPS out by letting the union taking over the healthcare. Its going to save UPS millions and UPS didnt want any part of providing it to us anymore. So on that note why would they settle on less yearly raises than last contract with record profits? That s another concession! R they looking out for our best interests? I think most of the members would accept the switch in healthcare if raises were signficantly better than last contract and the part timers also got their "catch up raises" or $1.50 bump like new hires.

So Hoffa and Hall helped UPS out by letting the union taking over the healthcare. Its going to save UPS millions and UPS didnt want any part of providing it to us anymore. So on that note why would they settle on less yearly raises than last contract with record profits? That s another concession! R they looking out for our best interests? I think most of the members would accept the switch in healthcare if raises were signficantly better than last contract and the part timers also got their "catch up raises" or $1.50 bump like new hires.
My brother is starting a new job at Walmart in one of there super centers. He will be loading and unloading trailers. They will start him at $20 an hour. After six months he will get a $3 raise. Are loaders make less then half of that. The saying was well the have great healthcare. Well that could go down the toilet. Now what are they going to say!!

My brother is starting a new job at Walmart in one of there super centers. He will be loading and unloading trailers. They will start him at $20 an hour. After six months he will get a $3 raise. Are loaders make less then half of that. The saying was well the have great healthcare. Well that could go down the toilet. Now what are they going to say!!
In six months yiur brother will make 23$ bucks and hour unloading trucks at wall mart. I believe you but I'm drunk. Damn it I'm drunk and I still don't believe that.

Justaname

In six months yiur brother will make 23$ bucks and hour unloading trucks at wall mart. I believe you but I'm drunk. Damn it I'm drunk and I still don't believe that.
I met a guy who unloaded trailers and it was nowhere near that. We had a meeting at Costco and it compared our benefit package to theirs and it was sad how much of a difference there was. For a company to claim they can't afford to pay their employees a decent wage with benefits but yet Costco is doing exactly that. Same goes for FedEx. I've been drinking and have edited this post:happy-very::wink2:

I forbid Mrs.407 from going in there. We are still alive and everything is ok. They hate ups and I hate them. I would never shop in there no matter what.

We just had our union meeting to find out what was going on with contract. 15 minutes in,these *********s get up and walk out. They couldn't take the heat. So now we are completely screwed because they're closing the union hall for the summer. This all seems so shady. they don't seem to care too much about their members.

UPS Preloader

We just had our union meeting to find out what was going on with contract. 15 minutes in,these *********s get up and walk out. They couldn't take the heat. So now we are completely screwed because they're closing the union hall for the summer. This all seems so shady. they don't seem to care too much about their members.

What Local?