What are the chances this contract passes?

kingOFchester

I was there Saturday, the board said they weren't going to back the contract. What happened today? Thx.

Our union posted on the board how the meeting on Saturday at 9am was for contract. Meeting today was regular meeting. I do not think everyone knew about Saturday's meeting.

14ups

Another reason to get away from the national master What works for one state doesn't always work for the other Like cost-of-living Work conditions Like this contract works great if your in the Central s states union member But screws everybody in the Western Conference The healthcare is a massive downgrade While here In the Western Conference it is three times More expensive to live than what it is in the central states To live It puts members against members Not members united against the company For a good contract

I was there Saturday, the board said they weren't going to back the contract. What happened today? Thx.

Our union posted on the board how the meeting on Saturday at 9am was for contract. Meeting today was regular meeting. I do not think everyone knew about Saturday's meeting.
It was as if they didn't want to answer any questions at all. They got up,walked out and left us all sitting there looking dumb.

Newfire

Hmm let's see who count the votes?, health care switch means zillions in fresh new money, i'd say contract is gonna get plowed right up our rearends. Pass it then we'll read it. Right?

cb1969

All I can do is hope it wont pass, but the Union leadership which includes stewards are pushing it as the best ever. Most people are seeing the highlights not all the changes. I just tell everybody I talk to read the line changes and not the highlights. You cant hide the bad when you see those.

mrwiliker

there is a strong no vote sentiment inside of my hub in cali. I will hope everyone votes it down because we cannot afford to take such a degradation to our benefits. any insignificant raise is far outweighed by rising healthcare costs

Newfire

My steward told me that every ballot that is not returned can be counted as a yes vote. Anyone heard that one before? He said they've done it that way before and they'll do it again. Sure hope everyone reads the changes on being disciplined for anything and everything you can imagine drivers fulltime insiders and parttimers all need to take notice on that issue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My steward told me that every ballot that is not returned can be counted as a yes vote. Anyone heard that one before? He said they've done it that way before and they'll do it again. Sure hope everyone reads the changes on being disciplined for anything and everything you can imagine drivers fulltime insiders and parttimers all need to take notice on that issue.

Your steward is misinformed---a ballot that is either not returned or does not make the 6/20 deadline are discarded.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We just had our union meeting to find out what was going on with contract. 15 minutes in,these. *********s get up and walk out. They couldn't take the heat. So now we are completely screwed because they're closing the union hall for the summer. This all seems so shady. they don't seem to care too much about their members.

Must be 294

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Your steward is misinformed---a ballot that is either not returned or does not make the 6/20 deadline are discarded.

Actually, Dave, I remember one contract (don't ask me what year) when that happened. A non-vote counted as yes. Ask your steward or BA and see if either remembers.

kingOFchester

Actually, Dave, I remember one contract (don't ask me what year) when that happened. A non-vote counted as yes. Ask your steward or BA and see if either remembers.

Even if God himself came down upon Dave and stated what happened, he still would not admit to being wrong.