What can I do with my 401k when I quit?

rod

Retired 22 years
By the time they're old enough for college you're probably right. Colleges don't have any prestige anymore. You can't even discuss different viewpoints anymore. Welding school it is

My Nephew went to 6 months of lineman school in Arizona. After that he had like 6 years of paid apprenticeship training all over the country. Now he pulls in close to 50 bucks an hour in Ar.. At the moment he is in a motel in Alabama with 3 other buddies ready to make the charge into Florida after Irma blows through and get power back up. Even our local elect. coop sent down 3 boom trucks all the way from here.

rod

Retired 22 years
With the way most of these "kids" are living, they'll be drafting the old timers

I saw a post the other day that said "if you have witnessed a millennial struggling to put his carry on in the overhead container on a plane lately you realize just how friend'ed we are if the draft is re-instated.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I saw a post the other day that said "if you have witnessed a millennial struggling to put his carry on in the overhead container on a plane lately you realize just how friend'ed we are if the draft is re-instated.
LMAO!

On second thought, maybe they should reinstate the draft

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
He
My Nephew went to 6 months of lineman school in Arizona. After that he had like 6 years of paid apprenticeship training all over the country. Now he pulls in close to 50 bucks an hour in Ar.. At the moment he is in a motel in Alabama with 3 other buddies ready to make the charge into Florida after Irma blows through and get power back up. Even our local elect. coop sent down 3 boom trucks all the way from here.
he sounds like a smart dude. I wish I would've gone that route in my 20's rather than concerning myself with partying and chasing tail. Now I'm a slave. SMH

rod

Retired 22 years
He

he sounds like a smart dude. I wish I would've gone that route in my 20's rather than concerning myself with partying and chasing tail. Now I'm a slave. SMH

The kid had absolutely nothing going for him--father ran off and left him and his mother to starve. Barely made it through high school and was always in trouble (nothing super serious). I was about the closest thing he had to a father and I was 2,000 miles away with my own teenage kid problems. After a couple of years of drifting from one low paying job to the next it was like something all of a sudden woke him up. The whole family is really proud of him. He's now married and has a beautiful home and a new son of his own.

rod

Retired 22 years
He

That sounds like me after I got out of the Army. Basically no skills and wanting to do nothing but party. Thank god my girlfriend at the time (now my wife) had a brother working pt at UPS and gave me a call one night and said they needed someone the next morning to unload the trailer (small center--we only had one 53 footer and half of that went to another center). I thought "what the hell--give it a try". Three months later I was a full time driver.