What can I do with my 401k when I quit?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have some mutual funds and money market funds somewhere else, I don't want to touch them. The 401 just has the largest amount, I see some nice increases every morning when I look at the balance.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I have some mutual funds and money market funds somewhere else, I don't want to touch them. The 401 just has the largest amount, I see some nice increases every morning when I look at the balance.

I only really added about 100 a week to mine but I liked looking at it every day lol

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't understand how everyone is complaining about being away from their families as a driver, but celebrate the job your nephew has chosen? It sounds like he has a profitable career, but we are home with our wife and kids every night.

Now that my Nephew is a master linesman he could be home most every night. There is enough work in the Phoenix area to keep him busy forever but he does go every once in awhile to a job that pays "super" good money. Apparently these crews who are being sent to Florida are being WELL compensated. We were under the impression that he was staged in Mobile Ala. waiting for Irma to pass but we just found out they sent his crew all the way to Ft. Pierce--right on the coast. I told him to hang on tight. He is hold up in some high buck beach front hotel that is wining and dining them all in the meantime and yes-it sounds like the bar is open for the time being.

LeadBelly

Banned
Got a job with the state. Union contract, paid benefits like your beloved UPS, 15 sick days a year, 7-3 with overtime after 8 hours, pension, 2 weeks vacation after a year, and start making several dollars per hour more than a first year driver.
That's wonderful, congratulations you should be so happy. I am truly happy for you!!!!!!

Returntosender

Let's make this thread all about me again
IMG_2698.GIF