What will you vote? Yes or No?

What is your choice on the new agreement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm concerned that our insurance, once we retire, may go from $400 a month (me and wife) to a rumored $800-$900 a month (me and wife). Yes, I am in the coveted CS area (sarcasm).
My paltry $3000 a month pension minus taxes and insurance isn't gonna go very far.
Why should I retire and receive such a pittance?

.....and, no, I don't want to hear about how I should have saved over the 30 years of employment. My post isn't about that. Thanks though.

you should have saved--------------------------------------sorry- I couldn't resist

The problem is we don't know anything else.

Wages progression and moving to union healthcare is all we know.

As of now what I KNOW it's a no vote.
From what I heard the reason why the IBT hasn't but much out there is they aren't getting much support from some of the locals. So IBT is try to smooth them over first before it all comes out. Don't know much but I think it's because we are going to central states and the locals want there own plan. I would be ok with central states if they changed the plan for the better. If that happened that it would be a nice plan and more members. Hell all 250,000 members should be in 1 plan because when Obamacare kicks in the bigger we are the stronger we are.

Galaxy45MP

Retired Member
From the information that is available so far, I''ll be voting yes all day long. Seems to be a decent and fair package accepted by the Union. Devil might be in the details......we will find out soon enough....

InsideUPS

Many interesting comments on UPSers.com Example with names deleted:

Central, Great Lakes
04/27/2013 3:39:37 PM
"The agreement is not for the ups employee it is for ups. The central states health care plan sucks. It will cost us the employee more money than it will cost ups. ENOUGH SAID THIS ISN'T A CONTRACT FOR US!!!!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
My post about voting no seems to have disappeared----????????????? I didn't realize this was an official ballot.

rod

Retired 22 years
This the only other post you have made in this thread ... :sad-little:

You mean to tell me after racking my alcohol saturated brain to come up with a wonderful smart :censored2: comment I forgot to hit the "submit reply" icon? I hate that when that happens.

Asskicker

Here is what I've heard about the contract proposals...

• the raises 70 cents the first three years, not split and 80 cents the fourth year, a dollar the fifth year will both be split. I don't think that's bad.
  • The starting wage will be $10 an hour and $11 after three months. Also finally...not bad.
  • The progression for a new driver will take a year longer, so four years to hit top scale.
  • I didn't hear about any added vacation weeks. In Chicago local 705 has eight weeks vacation at 30 years. The National should have gotten that this time around.
  • Health care was a HUGE issue and I would really like to hear from you Central States people about your healthcare. I don't think you have Blue Cross option which is what I have now. I want to keep what I have. Give us some insight you CS people. That could make or break the deal for a lot of people.
  • I also heard our 22.3 jobs will be opened up for bidding within our district because we are a small building with none of these jobs and there are like 800 of them at the CACH hub in Chicago. That will help a lot of people get full time opportunities that didn't have them. The Union fixed some of the crappy language with these jobs.

• They can't replace jobs anymore that someone leaves.
  • They have to keep all 22.3 jobs and they are adding like 2300 more I think throughout the contract. Which isn't a lot, but it's something.
  • I haven't seen any language in writing regarding the harassment or the 9.5 issues. So that's hard to decide on if they did enough.
  • I know our local was asking for 25 hours for all vacations for part timers since full timers get 50 for every vacation week and I know that was shot down.
  • I also know that last contract the part time pension was increased to $60 a month but it wasn't retroactive. It now is!!! That is huge for part timers getting ready to retire soon.

I think that's all I've got. The big issue is health care. We need to hear from you CS people. Help us out.

ups clerk

• the raises 70 cents the first three years, not split and 80 cents the fourth year, a dollar the fifth year will both be split. I don't think that's bad.
  • The starting wage will be $10 an hour and $11 after three months. Also finally...not bad.
  • The progression for a new driver will take a year longer, so four years to hit top scale.
  • I didn't hear about any added vacation weeks. In Chicago local 705 has eight weeks vacation at 30 years. The National should have gotten that this time around.
  • Health care was a HUGE issue and I would really like to hear from you Central States people about your healthcare. I don't think you have Blue Cross option which is what I have now. I want to keep what I have. Give us some insight you CS people. That could make or break the deal for a lot of people.
  • I also heard our 22.3 jobs will be opened up for bidding within our district because we are a small building with none of these jobs and there are like 800 of them at the CACH hub in Chicago. That will help a lot of people get full time opportunities that didn't have them. The Union fixed some of the crappy language with these jobs.

• They have to keep all 22.3 jobs and they are adding like 2300 more I think throughout the contract. Which isn't a lot, but it's something.
  • I haven't seen any language in writing regarding the harassment or the 9.5 issues. So that's hard to decide on if they did enough.
  • I know our local was asking for 25 hours for all vacations for part timers since full timers get 50 for every vacation week and I know that was shot down.
  • I also know that last contract the part time pension was increased to $60 a month but it wasn't retroactive. It now is!!! That is huge for part timers getting ready to retire soon.

I think that's all I've got. The big issue is health care. We need to hear from you CS people. Help us out.

Sorry, I don't think going from 8.50 an hour to 10.oo an hour, is a substantial increase, considering by the end of the contract, 10.00 an hour will be minimum wage. If they raised it to 13-15.00 an hour for starting wage, THAT would be a substantial increase.:sick:

Asskicker

I agree $10 isn't where it should be with inflation from 30 years ago but it is a $1.50 raise for new hires. That's significant considering how cheap this company is. And at least it's a start. I still want to see the other little tid bits of info that they don't tell you. They always give something back and you have to find it out yourself by actually reading the contract on line when they show everything. I will post anything I find out.

stink219

So, we are talking about starting a new hire at $10 then going to $11 in 3 months? Current employees are fighting for things that are behind them.

BMWSauber1991

I had a question about this "The starting wage will be $10 an hour and $11 after three months. Also finally...not bad".

I got hired on 05/29/2012 and they hired me on at 8.50/hr and I got 9.50/hr after 90 days, I get a raise on 5/29/2013 which is pretty soon, do I get bumped to 11/hr plus my upcoming raise when the new contract kicks in? Which would be I think 11.70/hr?