What will you vote? Yes or No?

What is your choice on the new agreement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMWSauber1991

If I make 9.50/hr and I get a raise on 5/29/2013 of .70 cents, will I get bumped up to 11.70/hr with the new contract?

Or are you saying new hires will be making more than me after 90 days of work?

Asskicker

Good question. You will definitely get bumped up to where the new hires would be. You won't be making less then them. You might get a raise on 5/29 and then a catch up raise on 8/1/13 if the contract is ratified.

Asskicker

Oh, one more thing I had forgotten. The retirees pay $50 a month right now which will go up. It has been raised to $100 a month and will at some point go up to $150 a month. Not sure if this is for the retired employee only or for his/her family also. Something else to consider when you are making plans to retire.

stink219

Btw, so far, I'm voting YES. An additional $8.90 in wage and H&W?! Hell yes!!
Money sounds good...They always pay us off like a whore....The big question is?????How do the Teamsters stop the har...ass....ment?????!!!!!
I agree that we should see the other language. But some people say they are voting no either on principle or until they see the other language. A statement like that leads me to believe there is limited satisfying in that person. Like I said, from what I know so far and was told to me over the weekend from the negotiating committee, I'll be voting yes.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Oh, one more thing I had forgotten. The retirees pay $50 a month right now which will go up. It has been raised to $100 a month and will at some point go up to $150 a month. Not sure if this is for the retired employee only or for his/her family also. Something else to consider when you are making plans to retire.

At the membership meeting at our local they said it will go from 100, 150 then eventually 200.

U

uber

They were never serious about us paying for healthcare. It was a ploy from the beginning to get us to settle for this crummy contract on the belief that 'well at least we don't have to pay for healthcare'.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
NO for me. Ups made billions. Ft should be a dollar a yr. Atleast! We would have never payed for health care. Plus someone is always sold out in every contract. Looks like retirees wear the shoes this time. Pt America doesn't work for anyone. Looks like ups will just hire a bunch. Then let them go. But, it's a new hire. Imo

If I make 9.50/hr and I get a raise on 5/29/2013 of .70 cents, will I get bumped up to 11.70/hr with the new contract?

Or are you saying new hires will be making more than me after 90 days of work?
Shop steward told me that we will not be getting a bump in pay, but he is not totally sure about it. I have been trying to get in contact with my BA but I can't. If I can I'll post what I am told.

22.34life

raises .70/.70/.70 all in august then .80 and 1.00 both split half and half.4 year progression for top rate friend/t pay.raise in starting pay raised to 10.00 from 8.50 an hour.all employes switched to central states form company plan.no details on 9.5 language.so we won on one thing p/t stating pay and thats it from current info.some victory.

Dudeman

We better be getting a pay bump. I've been here 2 years and make 11.50 an hour right now (8.50 + sort 1.00 + 3 month 1.00 + .50 per year). These new part timers would start at 10 and make 12 within 3 months going the route I did. That is unacceptable, and I'll be raising holy hell if its true. And too all you full timers that talk crap about "get a second job, get an education", I have a damn second job and work 50-60 hours a week at both and still have trouble making ends meet, I have a 4 year Bachelor's in Business, I served 6 years in the damn Marine Corps. I've applied for "higher paying" (really not) jobs in my field for years and haven't been able to land one. I am willing (and actually want) to make UPS a career, I actually like my job, but this would be a low blow.

Weinsteincj, you will only get 50 cents in May if you're making 9.50, for the first 3 years its .50 a year. Yes (if this is true and they are not giving current employees a "catch up" raise) we will be falling behind new hire's in pay almost immediately. Vote NO please, unless we find out otherwise.

The 4 year thing is annoying as well, and most of you current full timers can't relate to the part timers on this issue anymore because ya'll picked up full time so much earlier then we will get ours. I frequently see "I did my time I waited 6 years in part time til I got full time, now you do yours!". Try waiting 12 years or more, which is currently our situation and then getting thrown a curve ball of another 4 years progression.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
lets not forget ups will create 2,000 friend/t jobs in the contract.2,000 nationwide in five years what a joke.

Those 2000 jobs WONT be created until the THIRD year of the contract.

There is NO NEW language on 9.5 and the current language is the language that will be printed in article 37. Big deal, you can grieve, then panel, then deadlock for a half a year, then schedule for national arbitration that will take up to one year.

Yeah, there's some "strong" language! Give us a break hall.

Peace

TOS

mook8809

When would this contract go into effect.. I had an interview for a auto tech couple of weeks ago I'm wondering what contract would I fall under and how would the progression work for me would it still be 3 year or 4 year progression?

rudy5150

If your not hired full time before july 31st (this summer) then you will fall under the 4 yr progression rule. If you get hired full time before July 31st then you will fall under current contract (3 yr progression).

mook8809

I'm not 100% sure but I do believe it is teamsters 391 Greensboro NC area. Also is your hire date considered after your 22 day trial period