Why would part timers stay in union?

PT Car Washer

We have drivers that make top rate bit ate still classified as part time. So they only pay dues in what their part time inside rate would be . A loophole I guess. Part time Carwasher has been here a long time and probably pays a lot more. That's all I'm saying
PT air drivers at $13.50/hr delivering ground 60 hours a week. $2k/wk. How did I miss out on this 30 years ago?

BrownRecycler

Can you elaborate on the 1000 hours please? Not aware of any 1000 hour language. Yea our pension increase isn’t great, but honestly I’d take the money. Pension never guantanteed, and money is. Some of us put the majority of our raise in 401k anyway.

I was wrong.

There is a part time specific UPS part time pension program in the agreement.

Article 34 i 2.

Time for change

PT air drivers at $13.50/hr delivering ground 60 hours a week. $2k/wk. How did I miss out on this 30 years ago?

Paying their part time dues and getting their part time pension though. That is one thing 22.4 will take away anyway. And TonyLgbtQ says how lucky we are with 22.4 pay, company was only wanting to pay 15 an hour for 22.4 and they would have had people lining up for that job and banging down doors to work. Just be thankful for TonyBigQ and his awesome negotiating.

Foamer Pyle

I agree. Vote No if you do not like the contract. I agree to voice your opinion.

What I don't agree with is hurting the Union as a whole by refusing to pay union dues and enjoying the benefits that others who do, get.
People here are already uttering those words. The way to make the union listen to us, is cut off their money.

22.34life

This is the biggest starting pay increase the company has seen.since it's never been done before it's hard to please everybody.the p/t in my building all seem to have the same opinion,since the start pay is raised $3 every single p/t should receive $3 increase plus the $4.15 gwi.this Is unreasonable to expect.but this is the general idea and I'm in a large hub.

22.34life

The southern supplement has new language giving p/t two breaks when they work past 6 hours which I know was a big concern for p/t employees here.black Friday is still on the holiday schedule with no change in holiday pay language,which everybody just knew was gonna be gone.

22.34life

The deals not perfect and there are some things I dont like but now that I have seen my supplement all in all I think it's an acceptable deal.

Time for change

This is the biggest starting pay increase the company has seen.since it's never been done before it's hard to please everybody.the p/t in my building all seem to have the same opinion,since the start pay is raised $3 every single p/t should receive $3 increase plus the $4.15 gwi.this Is unreasonable to expect.but this is the general idea and I'm in a large hub.

Um no it’s not, the increase is less than the 02 contract which is 16 years ago. Times have changed too.

22.34life

As somebody who speaks to the new hires and signs them in the union the $13 starting pay was a must,its been hard to get these new guys to join.we have to remember we have to keep new members coming in.

Time for change

As somebody who speaks to the new hires and signs them in the union the $13 starting pay was a must,its been hard to get these new guys to join.we have to remember we have to keep new members coming in.

Yup increase starting rate and existing part timers also, company can afford it, we have anti-member negotiators that settled for less because they are looking out for themselves.

22.34life

Yup increase starting rate and existing part timers also, company can afford it, we have anti-member negotiators that settled for less because they are looking out for themselves.
so all p/t employees should get a $3 pay increase as of 8-1-18 and the gwi of $4.15 over 5 years?

Time for change

there was no starting pay increase in 02.i was hired in 99 at $8.50 where it stayed until it was moved to $10 last contract.

Exactly how so many of us got the shaft is because starting pay was never increased for so long, and no big bump like newbies are getting now. A simple catch up raise and fair skilled pay language is all most of us existing part timers are asking for. Don’t expect to get it, so many of us will make our own little catch up raise.