Will the trickle down economics actually work?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
and gdp growth in the 80's was 3.5 percent with supply side economics, while contending with high inflation, 2 recessions and the cold war
Which year pal? You can't be pointing at 1982! By the end of 1989 the Federal debt was $2.7 Trillion, triple what it was in 1979. One recession was caused by Reagan's deregulation (Saving's and Loan industry crash) Reagan raised taxes more times than he cut them. Inflation is controlled by the Fed Govt. The Cold War cost was nothing compared to the cost of the next 2 "hot wars."

So the question at hand is does the huge increase in the national debt due to this obvious attempt at trickle down economics translate into a better life for you, me and our families? I don't have the answer but will listen and debate it. Sorry I got pissed earlier but I am so damn tired of being lied to from all sides.

And yet, all you have done is state your opinion.
Go read up on Kansas' economic history for the past 4 years and how it compares to the states around it. Then come back and we'll talk.

3 done 3 to go.......I....it just doesn't.......when........ You got me, I literally have no response for you!

SafetyFirst

When corporations have more cash on hand and larger profits than ever before it's just illogical to assume that if they're able to keep more of that money they will be less restrained from spending it. There has been nothing restraining them from spending it prior to the tax cut with the exception of board members and share holders (a check that is still in place).

So if you can't claim that corporations we're legitimately crying poor under the previous structure, what would you identify as the catalyst to them spending more of their profits on employees and such?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Which year pal? You can't be pointing at 1982! By the end of 1989 the Federal debt was $2.7 Trillion, triple what it was in 1979. One recession was caused by Reagan's deregulation (Saving's and Loan industry crash) Reagan raised taxes more times than he cut them. Inflation is controlled by the Fed Govt. The Cold War cost was nothing compared to the cost of the next 2 "hot wars."

So the question at hand is does the huge increase in the national debt due to this obvious attempt at trickle down economics translate into a better life for you, me and our families? I don't have the answer but will listen and debate it. Sorry I got :censored2: earlier but I am so damn tired of being lied to from all sides.

Go read up on Kansas' economic history for the past 4 years and how it compares to the states around it. Then come back and we'll talk.

3 done 3 to go.......I....it just doesn't.......when........ You got me, I literally have no response for you!
your comparing a state economy to a national economy, which is two different things, and go back and look at charts, reagen averaged 3.5 percent

Jkloc420

You don't see how this page means absolutely nothing? This is THE PROBLEM! This is THE PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!!!

I hit multi quote and was going to address each post but this deserves it's own address. This page lists a bunch of numbers with no, I REPEAT NO CRITERIA to what those numbers actually represent and gives no reference to who's arse the numbers were pulled out of!! You have got to start thinking for yourself! My god, this author can't even be bothered to list the year or time frame in which she is trying to lie about! But then she couldn't could she? As soon as she does people with 1/4 of a brain will call her out on her crap! Kinda of like me telling you as a UPS driver I make over a million dollars and I am under paid! prove me wrong sucker!

This is what we are seeing in today's "news" programs. "Faux news" channel masquerades as factual news when almost it's entire daily 24 hour programming is actually entertainment and opinion "shows." Hannity, O'brian, Carlson et al. are not reporting news. They are talking heads giving their OPINIONS on entertainment programs. Rush pillhead does the same thing. They will state that something happened then spin it using inflammatory words and phrases. Dog Whistle politics! They will toss out meaningless numbers and irrelevant points disguised as "facts" to try and make their arguments and that their points appear valid. People who refuse to engage their brains just eat that crap up. Then when the sheeple get called out on it they run to the internet, google search a word or a phrase then pick 1 hit out of 10 pages and say, "see I am right you are wrong." It is the old gospel, since it is on the internet it must be the truth right?!?!

Hey Jkloc420, With your "fact" reference how do you think United States Steel Corp manages to always pay a US tax rate of 548% and stay in business? You do understand if a company pays out over 100% of what they make year in and year out they go bankrupt right? Kind of like what our president has done numerous times. Use your head friend, please for your own sake and for your family's sake also!
those are the effect tax rates, read the captions has to why they pay so much. It explains it in the link

Jkloc420

You don't see how this page means absolutely nothing? This is THE PROBLEM! This is THE PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!!!

I hit multi quote and was going to address each post but this deserves it's own address. This page lists a bunch of numbers with no, I REPEAT NO CRITERIA to what those numbers actually represent and gives no reference to who's arse the numbers were pulled out of!! You have got to start thinking for yourself! My god, this author can't even be bothered to list the year or time frame in which she is trying to lie about! But then she couldn't could she? As soon as she does people with 1/4 of a brain will call her out on her crap! Kinda of like me telling you as a UPS driver I make over a million dollars and I am under paid! prove me wrong sucker!

This is what we are seeing in today's "news" programs. "Faux news" channel masquerades as factual news when almost it's entire daily 24 hour programming is actually entertainment and opinion "shows." Hannity, O'brian, Carlson et al. are not reporting news. They are talking heads giving their OPINIONS on entertainment programs. Rush pillhead does the same thing. They will state that something happened then spin it using inflammatory words and phrases. Dog Whistle politics! They will toss out meaningless numbers and irrelevant points disguised as "facts" to try and make their arguments and that their points appear valid. People who refuse to engage their brains just eat that crap up. Then when the sheeple get called out on it they run to the internet, google search a word or a phrase then pick 1 hit out of 10 pages and say, "see I am right you are wrong." It is the old gospel, since it is on the internet it must be the truth right?!?!

Hey Jkloc420, With your "fact" reference how do you think United States Steel Corp manages to always pay a US tax rate of 548% and stay in business? You do understand if a company pays out over 100% of what they make year in and year out they go bankrupt right? Kind of like what our president has done numerous times. Use your head friend, please for your own sake and for your family's sake also!
google is your friend

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That includes drivers. Just ask the Atlanta brass. You're part of the machine.
Yeah, driver staffing was a huge problem. If you’re talking about performance, ask any of the countless newbs that quit this peak if “anyone” can do this job. Certainly nobody in management can.

PT Car Washer

Yeah, driver staffing was a huge problem. If you’re talking about performance, ask any of the countless newbs that quit this peak if “anyone” can do this job. Certainly nobody in management can.
But yet the same old preload managers and sups are still here year after year. Why doesn't any of them quit or be repaced?

Inthegame

Hard to tell. The Republican Party was completely against it during the Obama administration.
Not that hard...they tend to shift positions depending on who is in the WH.

Stimulus under Bush-good, stimulus under Obama-bad.
Deficit growth under Bush-no issue, deficit growth under Obama (after the train wreck of an economy handed to him) most important issue and entirely his fault.
Under Trump, add another 1.5-2 trillion, no issue again.

Lesson, American voters have short memories.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not that hard...they tend to shift positions depending on who is in the WH.

Stimulus under Bush-good, stimulus under Obama-bad.
Deficit growth under Bush-no issue, deficit growth under Obama (after the train wreck of an economy handed to him) most important issue and entirely his fault.
Under Trump, add another 1.5-2 trillion, no issue again.

Lesson, American voters have short memories.
quote-democracy-cannot-exist-as-a-permanent-form-of-government-it-can-only-exist-until-the-alexander-fraser-tytler-53-85-58.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The full quote is as follows:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage".

Alexander Fraser Tyler (1747-1813)

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Corporate tax rates have been cut in half, republicans are claiming that those savings will "trickle down" to the employees working for those businesses.

UPS will be realizing those tax breaks for the entirety of this next union contract. Tax breaks that are supposedly suppose to "trickle down" to us union employees.

So what do you think we will see in this next contract? Will the trickle down theory actually prove correct, and we will see some big improvements in our contract? Or will the democrats be proven correct, and the large corporations will keep all those extra tax savings for themselves, while not trickling down any that money to us?