Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im told by IAM, we are 101% vested. We dont have all the dead weight pulling us down like Teamsters with all the retirees from closed businesses. A guy retired about 3 years ago with 30 years and "says" he is getting close to $6500. Another guy with 25 years, says he is getting just over $5200. I talked to a few guys who were IAM and worked for Penske and they're saying 3200-3600 a month. Plus I haven't read anything about IAM retirees taking cuts.

I guess the main difference is we have more companies contributing into our pension. UPS is the main contributor to the Teamster pension. UPS isnt the main contributor to the IAM pension.

But that can all change tomorrow. My plan is to retire at 25 years, assuming I dont bail before then. Im a job jumper.
UPS is only a small slice of the pie in the western conference of teamsters pension plan....the plan is very diverse and is almost fully funded.... and to be fair your plan probably has thousands of less people in it than probably any of the teamsters plans....didn’t one of the mechanics unions vote to have their guys wrenching until after 60 years of age????

Gimme Danger

Sean has never been one to avoid. Sean was very vocal when DT was taking proposal books back during last round of meetings. Sean will let you know how he is feeling wether you want to hear or not.

Actually that was Fred.

Hoffa just won, a year ago. 4 years till the next one. Sean helps UPSers everyday. He just pulled all the safety committees because people were getting screwed on comp. he’s never been a wait and see guy. He takes action.

The comp issue is in 251. Another TU local.

Not taking away from SO, just stating facts, and not attributing too much to him. He has worked well with 251 and 89, which is good. And has coordinated some powerful actions in NE.

Gear

Parts on Order
UPS is only a small slice of the pie in the western conference of teamsters pension plan....the plan is very diverse and is almost fully funded.... and to be fair your plan probably has thousands of less people in it than probably any of the teamsters plans....didn’t one of the mechanics unions vote to have their guys wrenching until after 60 years of age????

Thats good to hear about your pension. We still have 30 years and out. I haven't heard anything about working after 60 years old. Last 3 guys to retire were mid to late 50s, 2 of them with 30 years, one with under 30. Seems like most guys hired in the last 20 years were 30-40 years old which puts them around 60 to get 20 years. If they did vote for after 60 its probably because they started at 40 years old. Which would make them selfish :censored2:bags. Lately, maybe last 2 years, they have been hiring early 20s which is perfect for 30 and out. But who knows, rules seem different everywhere. Sometimes I forget how different it can be at locations. Same employer, 2 different unions but a lot of differences.

babboo25

Banned
Not sure the origin, date or if it’s been posted here before.

Attachments

• D4A5304E-8FAC-4EC7-A137-42F3E73E5995.jpeg
    D4A5304E-8FAC-4EC7-A137-42F3E73E5995.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 242

JackStraw

Yeah don't go into a driveway, but, if it's going to get in the way of production, then by all means do it. We have some routes with very long driveways. Those drivers were told to drive them on OJS rides. Hypocrites.

A

Article 3

Not sure the origin, date or if it’s been posted here before.
Heck, I remember a supe taking over a route for a driver that got sick and he backed up into a dock wall so hard that it broke the bumper and springs off of the package car. He still had a job...
until he started messing with a driver's on road hours log.
I didn't miss him. Good riddance.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah don't go into a driveway, but, if it's going to get in the way of production, then by all means do it. We have some routes with very long driveways. Those drivers were told to drive them on OJS rides. Hypocrites.
It’s just the culture here... its all smoke and mirrors..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Heck, I remember a supe taking over a route for a driver that got sick and he backed up into a dock wall so hard that it broke the bumper and springs off of the package car. He still had a job...
until he started messing with a driver's on road hours log.
I didn't miss him. Good riddance.
Cracking a spring was never considered an accident.. especially on routes that would have dozens of dock backs through the day.. I assume they charge a driver now....

A

Article 3

Cracking a spring was never considered an accident.. especially on routes that would have dozens of dock backs through the day.. I assume they charge a driver now....
The springs weren't cracked. He broke the bumper and springs (both) literally off the truck.

twoweeled

Hoffa and his new Package Director Denis T dropped the ball when they allowed UPS to implement the 70 hour work week this December.

In 2013 Hoffa, Ken H and Sean O got bent over when they allowed the company to kick off mwmbers from superior healthcare funds and into Teamcare.

So bad was the current contract that over 70% of UPSers voted against Hoffa.

With Teamsters United and TDU leading the Vote No Movement and now Sean O jumping on the bandwagon what will Hoffa and Denis T pull?
Hoffa and his buddies didn't get bent over, Hoffa just allowed UPS to bend "us" over.
#1 How many of you are surprised when we get screwed?
#2 Were you really surprised by the 70 hour work week?

There's more to come, people. Just wait till this contract passes. LOL
hbkohno.jpg