Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
84E9F4BF-9170-459C-96D4-AC961ABB8291.gif
Haven't seen anyone vouch for you yet.

And you trying to paint a picture of me being some emotional little woman is as off base as your surprise that I am and there are female drivers - it's as if you dont work for UPS or know what women who do work for UPS as drivers are like.

My guess is that you're some two bit BA for school bus drivers (who work in a barn) who are mostly older, whiny women. You hear about all the UPS grievances at your local and hope to move up someday. You found Brown Cafe when teamster.net closed the forums.

Damn,you go girl!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have heard the term barn. Ours is a center. I think barn is a union term. Not UPS. Ups thinks a truck is a car
They used cars back in the day... along with taxis, and motorcycles ....If you ask 100 people on the street what that brown thing is parked across the street 99 of them would say a ups truck... the one oddball would be too stoned to know what it was and probably say it was a big turd.... and they wouldn’t be 100% wrong with that answer..

Coldworld

60 months and counting

And you trying to paint a picture of me being some emotional little woman is as off base as your surprise that I am and there are female drivers - it's as if you dont work for UPS or know what women who do work for UPS as drivers are like.

My guess is that you're some two bit BA for school bus drivers (who work in a barn) who are mostly older, whiny women. You hear about all the UPS grievances at your local and hope to move up someday. You found Brown Cafe when teamster.net closed the forums.
Damn....easy .....

542thruNthru

The reason no one has spoken up is because most know he is a driver. I understand you are trying to just get him upset because he upset you but saying he's not a driver for UPS isn't going to work. So id try some thing else.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Whatever ya think lady. I’m not painting anything. Weren’t you the one friend bombing me in another thread? Emotions emotions blah blah blah! What do you want to know about the UPS contract?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Strike if necessary? What exactly is so bad that you would strike, plz explain.

We will have no power to strike. UPS knows this. That is why they have been pushing the boundaries and ignoring stipulations in the contract. There will be no bargaining at the table because UPS that the government will not allow us to strike. It will cripple the E Commerce driven economy if UPS comes to a standstill.
Oh, they will try to fill the seats of the trucks to no avail because as we all know ORION is a farce and little will get delivered. It still takes skills to be a good UPS driver and that will never change.
A strike will never happen

35years

Gravy route
Don't know exactly. I was hired in 99. I was told that 5 drivers crossed. Non were treated bad because of it. I think more would cross this time.
5 drivers where? Nationwide?
You were not at UPS at the time so how would you know how they were treated?

We had none cross in our entire state. 99%+ did not cross nation-wide.
The one driver here who talked to the press about not supporting the strike (but not crossing) was gone within 1 year...

See if any of this sounds like present day...
In 1997:

There was a great deal of talk before the strike that drivers would cross. The nation was still in the aftermath of the air traffic controller's strike and their eventual replacement. Many union employees had been taking sub-standard deals. Unions were defiantly considered to have much less bargaining power than previously. Many were talking about the decline and probable elimination of unions as a whole. UPS had a arrogant attitude towards the union employees.

The economy was starting to boom with low unemployment. The nation as a whole was becoming resentful that lower rung employees were not benefiting from the economic prosperity like the corporate big wigs.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes things have to go bad before they get better. It is always darkest before the dawn. I believe people are fed up with corporate greed/executive salaries. I think UPS employees are fed up with being treated as just parts of the corporate machine, especially after this peak. I think UPS might have a difficult time finding new quality employees if we do walk.

I would not rule out a strike.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

The one driver here who talked to the press about not supporting the strike (but not crossing) was gone within 1 year...

In 1997:

There was a great deal of talk before the strike that drivers would cross. The nation was still in the aftermath of the air traffic controller's strike and their eventual replacement. Many union employees had been taking sub-standard deals. Unions were defiantly considered to have much less bargaining power than previously. Many were talking about the decline and probable elimination of unions as a whole. UPS had a arrogant attitude towards the union employees.

The economy was starting to boom with low unemployment. The nation as a whole was becoming resentful that lower rung employees were not benefiting from the economic prosperity like the corporate big wigs.
Sometimes things have to go bad before they get better. It is always darkest before the dawn. I believe people are fed up with corporate greed/executive salaries. I think UPS employees are fed up with being treated as just parts of the corporate machine, especially after this peak. I think UPS might have a difficult time finding new quality employees if we do walk.

1st let me say I'm not ruling out a strike. 2nd I was hired in 99. I wasn't too far after the strike. People always talk. I'm close with most stewards in my building. I know of at least 5 people that crossed during the strike. I personally don't know how they were treated during the strike. I do know that people on here talk about how drivers that crossed quit or went into management because of the treatment they got after. Every one of those drivers has retired or is still working and none were treated bad since I started in 99.

I don't know where you got your numbers but (and I've been drinking) if lets say we had 100,000 ups teamsters in the US is it so hard to think out of 1,000 5 or more were in my building?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I will.

And I have never met the man.

The reason no one has spoken up is because most know he is a driver.

Anyone who has read @wide load posts, could ascertain he is a UPS Driver.

We will have no power to strike. UPS knows this.

Not without the support of the membership.

That is why they have been pushing the boundaries and ignoring stipulations in the contract.

What's new ?

I've said it before, and will say it again.

From the moment UPS signs a contract.... they have no intention of honoring it.

They exploit the panel system and arbitration, to try and "extract"

what they couldn't get during contract negotiations. This is old news.

Guess what members ?

Your fate, is in your own hands.

-Bug-

anHOURover

I will.

And I have never met the man.

Anyone who has read @wide load posts, could ascertain he is a UPS Driver.

Not without the support of the membership.

What's new ?

I've said it before, and will say it again.

Guess what members ?

-Bug-

when are you joining wide load and jumping off the hoffa bandwagon?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

How is it UPS is continually successful in "extracting" what they couldn't get in negotiations, by "exploiting the panel system and arbitrations"?

Doesn't your statement imply an inherent weakness in our Union Representatives and their ability to negotiate contractual language and subsequently litigate these "exploitations"?

Guess what members ?

How's that?

Sounds like our fate is in the hands of those who can't hang with UPS negotiators in many instances and their Labor Managers.

We are all growing tired of the onus supposedly being on us, while our Union representation is "exploited" at panel and arbitration hearings.
I have all the fortitude I need to see me through what years I have left, but find it increasingly harder to sell yestdays ice water to the next generation.

You "BigUnionGuys" need to get your :censored2: together and start winning more battles, before we lose the war.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited by a moderator:

ski or die

Ski or Die

In 1997:

In 97, Mr. Carey was very vocal concerning UPS continually replacing full time jobs with part time jobs. He constantly complained how a family could not live on part time wages. It was a very big issue at the time and helped persuade the public to back the strike.

ski or die

Ski or Die

Guess what members ?

As a retired former steward, I had seen many contracts. So many were worded a certain way in one paragraph and the following paragraph was worded so the company could work their way around the previous one. And as far as the panel system goes, so many times before I even walked into the panel room to discuss the grievance, you could tell the decision had already been agreed upon.