You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They're computer generated with return address/routing barcode labels included.

Ours are part of the shipping label. We scan the barcode and it goes right to the COD screen. It does not yet auto fill-----we have to type in the amount-----and we still have to indicate if we collected a check or cash even though we are no longer allowed to accept cash.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ours are part of the shipping label. We scan the barcode and it goes right to the COD screen. It does not yet auto fill-----we have to type in the amount-----and we still have to indicate if we collected a check or cash even though we are no longer allowed to accept cash.
Ours do also. We have to fill in the amount, whether it's secured or non secured funds and signers name. If a courier's Powerpad is connected to a printer it will generate a routing bar code label to place over the return address bar code. I'm probably leaving something out. It's been awhile.

whenIgetthere

Ours do also. We have to fill in the amount, whether it's secured or non secured funds and signers name. If a courier's Powerpad is connected to a printer it will generate a routing bar code label to place over the return address bar code. I'm probably leaving something out. It's been awhile.

And check number.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
COD should be a thing of the past. You're lucky if you can get the check or MO the first go around.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

COD should be a thing of the past. You're lucky if you can get the check or MO the first go around.

I had a customer who used to run a screen printing business. She ordered everything COD and was always a pain to deal with. I suggested to her that she get a credit card just for the business and pay it off on a monthly basis. I also told her how much we charge per COD ($12.50). She had no idea and thankfully took my advice.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
you can't make this up
My new loader for 4+ trucks is carrying twins
My good loaders are training peak loaders
My 2 good loaders are not on my belt and I'm stuck delivering twins

bbsam

Staff member
Watching "V for Vendetta" sponsored by FedEx on IFC.
Seems ironic somehow .

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
All kidding aside, as much a mess the politics in this country are, it really is the filthy bastards in Corporate America pulling the strings and writing the laws. So I guess it's not so ironic that FedEx is sponsoring V; CA is more than happy to blame government for all society's ills. My personal favorite is a sour economy because business doesn't like "uncertainty". WTF?!?! Business is to have no risk?!? Growth is to be a constant?! Your healthcare sucks because of Obamacare?!

No. No. No. No.

Corporate America has created a vortex designed to drive money to the top and keep it there. What better way to aid in that goal than to use the massive blob of big government boogeyman of hide behind? Maybe politics is horribly broken, but that doesn't mean capitalism isn't as well

Last edited:

vantexan

All kidding aside, as much a mess the politics in this country are, it really is the filthy bastards in Corporate America pulling the strings and writing the laws. So I guess it's not so ironic that FedEx is sponsoring V; CA is more than happy to blame government for all society's ills. My personal favorite is a sour economy because business doesn't like "uncertainty". WTF?!?! Business is to have no risk?!? Growth is to be a constant?! Your healthcare sucks because of Obamacare?!

No. No. No. No.

Corporate America has created a vortex designed to drive money to the top and keep it there. What better way to aid in that goal than to use the massive blob of big government boogeyman of hide behind? Maybe politics is horribly broken, but that doesn't mean capitalism isn't as well
I think all the people who are seeing huge rate hikes in 2017 would disagree with you about Obamacare. Even Bill Clinton called it a mess recently, which he shortly walked back from after Hillary tore him a new one.

bbsam

Staff member
I think all the people who are seeing huge rate hikes in 2017 would disagree with you about Obamacare. Even Bill Clinton called it a mess recently, which he shortly walked back from after Hillary tore him a new one.
Nope. I'm one seeing the rates go up. But it isn't the law forcing insurance companies hat have made billions for Obamacare causing the price increase. It's insurance companies completely motivated by quarterly reviews and stock price that insist upon insane returns.

bbsam

Staff member
And if it goes up 30%, we'll I should be right about where it was heading before Obamacare. In essence I saved abou $8000 over the last few years because of Obamacare .

vantexan

Nope. I'm one seeing the rates go up. But it isn't the law forcing insurance companies hat have made billions for Obamacare causing the price increase. It's insurance companies completely motivated by quarterly reviews and stock price that insist upon insane returns.
Those insurance companies are fleeing Obamacare. You can't on the one hand require coverage for preexisting conditions, and on the other hand not have enough healthy young people sign up to help pay for those others, and expect premiums to do anything but rise. It's a mess, and one we can't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.