I heard PDX is now making $15/hr, but they are not giving it to other buildings in Oregon.

A few weeks ago Portland was hiring at 15 saying quality workers who will 1) work, and 2) show up, were hard to come by and the company adjusted accordingly. They said peak hiring was so bad and everyone always quits as regular hires.

Why people a commute away are making $4 more an hour is beyond me. We all do the same work, but a new guy starting in PDX makes more than I will at this wage in a few years.

Not only that but my wage increases are nullified 3 months later due to a minimum wage increase.

:censored2: clowns. I really hope this contract fixes this. People in my building are absolutely livid.

Duckwithapipboy

I heard PDX is now making $15/hr, but they are not giving it to other buildings in Oregon.

We are, but it’s only been confirmed that if you are under the 162 local that’s your new wage if you were under $15. No idea yet for our other hubs.

All I’ve been told is that it is in response to the massive retention downfall we had. They had to offer so many incentives for people to even double, ie: $100 gift cards for doubling on one Twilight to Preload shift, $100 added to your check if you doubled two shifts, worked Saturday and were on time to your home shift, and even an additional $100 just for showing up to your home shift and working all week on time. They changed and added it so much we never knew the exacts. And what really pissed us all off is that was added on top of the new hire bonus of $200.

As for “quality” workers each week? :censored2: that. We were hiring 30 people at a time, giving them one day Cornerstone, one day training, and then dumping them into work. Of those 30, only 8 remained at the end of the week. So many service failures, damages, and increased workload on established workers :censored2:ed us up hard. I literally had a new hire I was helping on a Day shift that didn’t know what an irreg was, or how to build a tier that wouldn’t fall on him.

A friend of mine has asked most of the inside combos what they felt about the increase and they love it, but only for those that are above a year.