8 hour req

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stop the nonsensical thinking. :biggrin:

In the Central Region;

Once an 8hr request is approved, it happens.

There is a regional JAC decision....

That allows a driver to bring back excess work, to meet the company's obligation.

End of story.

-Bug-
I'm curios why hasn't the central ruling been duplicated? Other places obviously have tons of trouble getting their 8 hours.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I scheduled my last sick day for next Tuesday so I wouldn't have to deal with all of the Columbus Day closings. Does that make me a bad person?

That's odd to me; no one here closes for Columbus Day. It's the one holiday during the year when I don't even ask the pickup accounts for their holiday status.
Just enter yes/yes, and keep rolling.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's odd to me; no one here closes for Columbus Day. It's the one holiday during the year when I don't even ask the pickup accounts for their holiday status.
Just enter yes/yes, and keep rolling

I deliver to our local college and the entire campus is closed. All of the government offices, schools and banks are also closed.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just enter yes/yes, and keep rolling.
image.jpg

Dr.Brownz

The language isn't meant for you to make bonus. It's meant to give people an out from OT twice a month if desired.

If so many people weren't using it as their own personal bonus system then UPS would honor them more. Msy center, as a good example, didnt have more than a couple 8 hr requests per month until three or four years ago. They were honored until people started playing these games.Once the 8 hr requests became a weekly thing things went south.

Greed and a desire to stick it to the company has ruined a good thing. And, sadly, its their "brothers" that are really getting screwed in the process.

Lol you act like this just happened out of the blue for no reason; ups did this to themselves they agreed to the contract; besides if there was no penalty pay the company would have no reason to honor the requests anyway; if these drivers all want relief file for 9.5 no limits on driver numbers there

Dr.Brownz

Stop the nonsensical thinking. :biggrin:

In the Central Region;

Once an 8hr request is approved, it happens.

There is a regional JAC decision....

That allows a driver to bring back excess work, to meet the company's obligation.

End of story.

-Bug-

Im asking about what happens on your building not general contract langauge

Im in the west, wish we had that deal

Overpaid Union Thug

Lol you act like this just happened out of the blue for no reason; ups did this to themselves they agreed to the contract; besides if there was no penalty pay the company would have no reason to honor the requests anyway; if these drivers all want relief file for 9.5 no limits on driver numbers there
Nothing in your post is relevant to anything I've said. Re-read my comments and it'll be crystal clear that my beef is ONLY with those that are getting in the way of people that want/need releif from OT by using the 8 hour requests as a way to line their pockets.

And suggesting getting on the 9.5 list to get releif from OT is about as brilliant as puting a screen door on a submarine. I am on the 9.5 list and am getting a minimum of 45 hours per week. There are no 8 hour days and even if there were I wouldn't know they were coming until the day of. How is that the same as requesting an 8 hour day 5 days in advance so I can be sure I can tell my wife or kids that Yes....I can make it to whatever on time?

I expect management to screw me over from time to time but it shouldn't come from a fellow Teamster that's only motive is to put extra cash in their pockets instead of actually wanting the 8/hour day.

9.5 everyday

I expect management to screw me over from time to time but it shouldn't come from a fellow Teamster that's only motive is to put extra cash in their pockets instead of actually wanting the 8/hour day

It's not just about the 8hr day, it's about relief from working out of a blown out truck all week........ If you were cover, and had the option of running one of two route, one being blown out, and the other being a walk through, are you gonna take the blown out route so you don't screw your fellow Union brother??

Overpaid Union Thug

I expect management to screw me over from time to time but it shouldn't come from a fellow Teamster that's only motive is to put extra cash in their pockets instead of actually wanting the 8/hour day

It's not just about the 8hr day, it's about relief from working out of a blown out truck all week........ If you were cover, and had the option of running one of two route, one being blown out, and the other being a walk through, are you gonna take the blown out route so you don't screw your fellow Union brother??

How does your comment, in anyway, address the actual issue I'm taking about? Taking an 8 hr day for releif of OT is not an issue. I've made that perfectly clear.