8 hour req

How does your local handle 8 hour requests and violations?

They try to honor them sometimes here but other times they pretend they cant hoping you wont file; sup tried to convince me if I dont file they will make sure I get another 8 hour next friday; cant do that jack extra contractual agreement; going to have to file on them;

Lol side note as im writing this at lunch in a cafe a woman came up and said she is an ex driver and she was glad to see im taking.my.full break; told her the 8 hour situation and she said hell yes dont let them get away.with.anything!! Lol happy fu friday everyone
10% of the workforce on Monday dispatch dictates him may are alowed for the week. Say 62 routes are in on Monday 6 eight hours a day. 66 routes then it's rounded to seven. Oh practice is 3 per person per month but if there isn't a maximum for any days you can go over as much as the openings allow.

You are allowed to bring the work back in order to make your 8 hour request without discipline.

9.5 everyday

When I was a younger driver and was denied 8hrs bc senior drivers were approved over me, it was none of my business what they were using their day for. I never once said, "hey man, do you REALLY need an 8 hour day? Cause I really need one and was denied." Seniority is seniority, and it's still none of my business what people are using their 8hr days for, optional a or sick days. I know where I rank, and I plan accordingly to take care of my own personal business, weather it's to make more money, or to go get a beer for happy hour. Doesn't matter. And it's none of your business either. I'm not breaking any laws.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wait till everyone has a few beers

Oh hell now. Its obvious many people ALREADY have trouble comprehending any posts over three sentences long without the presence of alcohol in their blood. I don't think I can be apart of this thread if they come back after a few beers. Or hey maybe they'll be those rare types that are actually able to perceive things better with a buzz?

Oh hell now. Its obvious many people ALREADY have trouble comprehending any posts over three sentences long without the presence of alcohol in their blood. I don't think I can be apart of this thread if they come back after a few beers. Or hey maybe they'll be those rare types that are actually able to perceive things better with a buzz?
A buzz just makes it more fun.

Overpaid Union Thug

When I was a younger driver and was denied 8hrs bc senior drivers were approved over me, it was none of my business what they were using their day for. I never once said, "hey man, do you REALLY need an 8 hour day? Cause I really need one and was denied." Seniority is seniority, and it's still none of my business what people are using their 8hr days for, optional a or sick days. I know where I rank, and I plan accordingly to take care of my own personal business, weather it's to make more money, or to go get a beer for happy hour. Doesn't matter. And it's none of your business either. I'm not breaking any laws.

Yeah....its none of my business, yet.....you were more than willing to clearly state your intentions for your 8 hour requests (including admitting to purposely trying to line your pockets) very early in the thread and without being asked to and without being forced to. Hmmm.......

LOL!