8hr Day memo?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
After enough penalty pay there will be extra routes.
tenor.gif

542thruNthru

So everyone can collect grievances.. I don’t care for an 8hr day I just want to get pad. plus it will keep the sups a little busy trying to figure out a schedule instead of driving around spying on us

You do realize that they only have to grant a certain percentage of 8 hr requests. I believe it's %10.

This plan seems very poorly though out.

Daf

Yea I’m a full timer in the midwest region. It’s not about my feelings it’s about all of us being able to get that pension after 30 years. And with all bulk :censored2: on our trucks it’s not going to happen. But your right I don’t get paid for union :censored2:. Then how do I reach the people who don’t go to union meetings?
Talk to them verbally. It takes longer to drum up the support. But anything put in writing cannot be taken back when found by management.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You do realize that they only have to grant a certain percentage of 8 hr requests. I believe it's %10.

The Employer shall allow a minimum of ten percent (10%) of the package car drivers worked in any Center off on a daily basis.

Minimum being the operative word.

The Central Region Language is better.

Can't fulfill the (approved) written request.... ?

The driver can bring it back with no penalty.

-Bug-

OrionsBitch

Not...
With all that money ups is saving in the corporate tax cut they should hire enough drivers at every center to have 8hr days......

Lol wait this is UPS....they don't give a :censored2: about you. Nevermind.

DOK

I request 8 hour days 2-3 days each week every month. The first three are automatically granted as I am at the top of the totem pole on the seniority list.
Many others are granted if the center has not received the maximum number of requests on any given day.

We’re only allowed 2 eight hour requests per month, is it different in your neck of the woods?