Air Driver positions getting replaced by 22.4s?

IJustWorkHere

8 full hours of Air Driving it’s been his position for years . In Southern California we still have FT air drivers . No 22.4 as of yet has done air . Maybe I’ll be the first . Heading to Menlo Intergrad in 5 days . Ahhhhhhhhh !!!!
Do you mean Art 22.3 air driver/something else or all they do is 8 hours of delivering or picking up air packages?

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes. I know in 2 buildings so far. 22.4s work preload and run air. The air drivers are forced in the building not red circled at air rate. The company is allowed to do it because the air drivers are considered part time.
Preload and air? We have several drivers (at least) that’d be all over that if it didn’t involve working Tuesday-Saturday. And despite the pay cut.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
So are new 22.4 drivers basically taking over the original 22.3 combo jobs? Hasn't happened here yet but not sure it won't. I thought all 22.4s would just be a new cover driver.

Its all just rumors....Notice how nobody is naming the buildings that they claim started to replace the air drivers...Plus no air drivers are coming on this forum to bitch yet....

Maplewood

I'm only about 30% confident that it might be true, but I've been hearing chatter about Air Driver slots being eliminated. Doesn't make sense to me, but rumor has it that Air Drivers could be offered to either go 22.4 or work inside at inside rate. Anyone else hear or see anything to that effect? I work in a New England building.

Isn't it better in the long run to rid all air runs? The article 40 air rate is a joke. The full scale 22.4 rate is much higher, and if its a combo job, then you also replace a part-timer with a $30/ hour loader.

Staydryitsraining

Preload and air? We have several drivers (at least) that’d be all over that if it didn’t involve working Tuesday-Saturday. And despite the pay cut.
Its all just rumors....Notice how nobody is naming the buildings that they claim started to replace the air drivers...Plus no air drivers are coming on this forum to bitch yet....
Rest assure this isnt a rumor. Just because it isnt happening in your building doesn't mean it isnt anywhere else and naming buildings? I'll take :censored2: I'll never do for 500

Isn't it better in the long run to rid all air runs? The article 40 air rate is a joke. The full scale 22.4 rate is much higher, and if its a combo job, then you also replace a part-timer with a $30/ hour loader.
Rest assure this isnt a rumor. Just because it isnt happening in your building doesn't mean it isnt anywhere else and naming buildings? I'll take :censored2: I'll never do for 500
I wouldn't call $30/hr a joke. We don't have any full scale 22.4 drivers in my building yet so it would be much cheaper to replace air drivers with 22.4 delivery drivers. And no I have not seen any air drivers displaced. Yet.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Most of the time our air drivers run misloads, or clean up the building of over size and irregs left behind or deliver a split off of an over dispatched driver.

That's an acceptable method, of not using management from doing Union work.

On an "exception" basis....

You agree.... Right ?

-Bug-