barnyard

KTM rider
I think small centers punch in directly from the tractor. Management has to set up the IVIS to allow this.
We have a small center (3 feeders punch in on Ivis, 1 on a diad), we have an Ivis set up to punch in near the diad racks. Punch in, log off to network, go to tractor and login. Log off to network at the end of the day, log in to the office Ivis and punch out.

Also, if you are starting earlier than your scheduled start time, call the dispatch office and have your start time changed BEFORE you punch in. Once you are punched in, you cannot change the start time.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Why do feeders leave their tractor parking lights on while parked in the yard?
Sometimes it's so someone doesn't block them in as they go inside to use the restroom or see Dispatch etc, but most of the time it's because they didn't push the switch down all the way in a Tractor that has a three position light switch (off, park, headlight) or like in an International it has two switches that will put the parking lights on.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I agree with the post above. If you have to manually input the sequence each trailer you put in has to be a different number.

Also, If you look on your paperwork it is supposed to be written to the right of the slics and sorts on the top right of the paper. Sometimes it matches up and sometimes it doesn't.

I never think or worry about sequence numbers. I gave that up when I left the preload.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have a small center (3 feeders punch in on Ivis, 1 on a diad), we have an Ivis set up to punch in near the diad racks. Punch in, log off to network, go to tractor and login. Log off to network at the end of the day, log in to the office Ivis and punch out.

Also, if you are starting earlier than your scheduled start time, call the dispatch office and have your start time changed BEFORE you punch in. Once you are punched in, you cannot change the start time.

We have a modified time card book where we can change late punch ins, extra meal, etc.

wayfair

swollen member
I drove truck for non union companies for almost 15 years before UPS and can understand what that driver was saying.

We had to load and unload our freight. a lot of hand unloads that can take 3-5 hours. I have changed tires, done most small repairs , fueled and washed tractor off the clock. actually in a non union trucking job you do a lot of work off the clock if you are being paid by load or by mile.

a lot of waiting time that is free too. usually the pay was below minimum wage when you took in account all your time.

that is why most non union truck drivers don't think UPS feedah is a real truckin job.

wow, you must be OLD...

barnyard

KTM rider
Covered a run this past week and had an unscheduled pick up on Friday. There must have been an Ivis upgrade since my last unscheduled CPU. It was a piece of cake to enter it correctly.

barnyard

KTM rider
I lost 5 pounds this week.

I am on the 9/5 list in package and had over 12 hours on the clock 4/5 days. I did not have time to eat as much as I do in package.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The FNN also suggested that many of our runs were going back to the BNSF. Have the railroads improved their time in transit??
Word we got was that they cut a bunch of sleeper teams out of CACH and those loads were all going back on the rail.