barnyard

KTM rider
We had a new DVIR and equipment report upgrade.

I really like the upgrade. I did not know about the upgrade on Monday and spent a lot of time doing the extras before I pulled. Seemed like too much wasted time waiting for the equipment checks. Now I do the CCR thing when I am done unhooking and enter trailer numbers while I am hooking.

Johney

I really like the upgrade. I did not know about the upgrade on Monday and spent a lot of time doing the extras before I pulled. Seemed like too much wasted time waiting for the equipment checks. Now I do the CCR thing when I am done unhooking and enter trailer numbers while I am hooking.
Do the CCR view before hooking up. We've already had issues with trailers and dollies being "unavailable" before leaving and it seems to be a pita to get it released.

barnyard

KTM rider
I figured that out after I went through the whole thing the 1st time. That said, pretty sure that I am done in feeders for the year. Might do a Friday or 2, but pretty sure that the rest of the whole weeks, the other guy will do.

over9five

Staff member
I figured that out after I went through the whole thing the 1st time. That said, pretty sure that I am done in feeders for the year. Might do a Friday or 2, but pretty sure that the rest of the whole weeks, the other guy will do.
If he were to...... accidentally...... take a fall and get injured.... YOU would be doing those whole weeks!

averageguy14

I'm still trying to get my 30 days in. Is it normal to only drive once or twice a week or am I doing something wrong? Also if it helps I'm way down on the extra board..like I got put on the list about 3.5 weeks ago.

The Yo

Here if we have an opening due to retirement or a new run being put in it goes for up for bid in feeders only, if someone takes it then their run goes up for bid in feeders only, if someone takes that then their run goes to the q list, if no one from the q list bids then the lowest seniority driver on the q list gets forced on to it.
tl;dr anytime there's a job opening it's 2 moves then fill from the q list.
If the Senior driver who gets the original bid is allowed to bid again on the 2nd bid, shouldn't the original run be offered to the next senior driver on the original bid sheet? This happened but the original run went to the lowest senior driver on the q list! Doesn't that violate seniority?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If the Senior driver who gets the original bid is allowed to bid again on the 2nd bid, shouldn't the original run be offered to the next senior driver on the original bid sheet? This happened but the original run went to the lowest senior driver on the q list! Doesn't that violate seniority?
Never seen that particular situation but there's no provision in the language for what you're suggesting. The q list driver is coming up regardless so I don't see a seniority violation.

The Yo

Never seen that particular situation but there's no provision in the language for what you're suggesting. The q list driver is coming up regardless so I don't see a seniority violation.
Well, the next senior driver (me 30 yrs.) on the original bid gets screwed if the q list driver (5 yrs) gets this run over me... because the senior driver who won the bid changes his mind because he doesn't like it and then bids the q's coverage run.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well, the next senior driver (me 30 yrs.) on the original bid gets screwed if the q list driver (5 yrs) gets this run over me... because the senior driver who won the bid changes his mind because he doesn't like it and then bids the q's coverage run.
I see where you're coming from, but I don't see any way around it. In package you're only allowed to make one move between the annual bids but there's no similar restriction in feeders, at least not here. We do bid every 6 months though so maybe you'll get that run next time.