retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I guess there isn't anyone in the package car division that wants this job.
IMG_1448.JPG

brownIEman

they called and asked if i wanted to come back for peak. i just laughed and told them hope there are a bunch of snowstorms all december.

And you wonder why they were happy to see you go?
I totally respect your desire to stand up for yourself and your union brothers and sisters. But there are ways to stand up for yourself and your union siblings without being an A-hole. That comment tells me you do not know any, or chose to ignore them.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
And you wonder why they were happy to see you go?
I totally respect your desire to stand up for yourself and your union brothers and sisters. But there are ways to stand up for yourself and your union siblings without being an A-hole. That comment tells me you do not know any, or chose to ignore them.
joking buddy..........
gimme a break.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What are some ways to help you stay up through the night?
to get the most sleep during the day we darkened the bedroom with heavy curtains and used fans so outside noises would not awaken.

power naps was also mentioned. with practise you learn to sleep 10-15 minutes at a time in a pinch or combine your meal and breaks for a longer nap. however, sometimes you wake up more groggy from these longer naps.

I would make more frequent stops to walk around the trailers and bump tires and check airlines. bosses didn't like that sometimes but too bad if i needed to be refreshed.

also fresh air by opening the windows on a cold night.

running around the trailers also helped wake me up if i could feel myself getting stale. gets the blood flowing to the brain.

coffee and energy drinks help a little but if you are real tired it really doesn't help. nothing usually works but real rest like a power nap.