Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Any of you guys seen that wrecked tractor parked at Jacksonville? If that driver lived it was a miracle, that thing is a mess.

tdub

Hate package was considering a cover feeder job but he says it’s the worst and no family life but I don’t have one with package getting off so dam late every night

Blackbeauty7123

I'm currently in the hiring process as a permanent street hire in Chicagoland (not cach). looking for info in regards to hours each week starting out. I know only people with a bid work everyday and it'll take a couple years for everything to steady out. I've been told a lot of people are retiring, so I'm hoping to move up the call list a little. Fingers crossed they move that progression rate up a little in the new contract before I get locked in the old if I get on...

ManInBrown

How bad is feeders I have a buddy that does it and he hates it jus wanting to know about it
Extremely unsettling in the beginning. And the steps of progress to make that feeling go away are microscopic. I’m almost a month in and every night when I go to work I’m questioning why I’m doing this when I can just go back to my package route, but I refuse to. I’m sticking it out. Package is not a career anymore. They want to run you into the ground and toss you out like the nightly garbage. You literally do nothing in feeders. 3-5 moves of driving and your day/night is over.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Extremely unsettling in the beginning. And the steps of progress to make that feeling go away are microscopic. I’m almost a month in and every night when I go to work I’m questioning why I’m doing this when I can just go back to my package route, but I refuse to. I’m sticking it out. Package is not a career anymore. They want to run you into the ground and toss you out like the nightly garbage. You literally do nothing in feeders. 3-5 moves of driving and your day/night is over.
Different strokes. After my first day by myself I knew there was no way I would ever go back to package, they'd have to shoot me first.

jaker

trolling
It took me 5 months to start liking feeder , all I can say is don't give up because it really is a great job in this evil place

Indecisi0n

It took me 5 months to start liking feeder , all I can say is don't give up because it really is a great job in this evil place
5 months ? It took me about 5 minutes.

You need to accept the fact that this is like starting a new job. New responsibilities , new employees, new management and not knowing what you're doing. If you can mentally get past that and be comfortable with the equipment then its smooth sailing from there. I haven't been in feeders long and I already find myself getting comfortable. Sometimes too comfortable, while jamming out to tunes with the windows down taking in the nice weather. I have to remind myself, I am still a rookie and to take it back a step and focus on what I am doing. I have a headset but right now I refuse to use it and drive. Does it help past the time but it really is a distraction for us noobs.