P

pickup

Are any of your guys new IVIS's lagging behind on time? There are times when my IVIS can be 3 minutes behind my phone and both are Verizon.

When I punch out this thing is taking 1-2 minutes of pay from me per day. I've never paid attention when pinching in.

Yeah , mine is lagging a min or two throughout the day. I never thought about seeing if the same was true at the moment I punched in. I will see if that is the case as well the next time I punch in.

Indecisi0n

Are any of your guys new IVIS's lagging behind on time? There are times when my IVIS can be 3 minutes behind my phone and both are Verizon.

When I punch out this thing is taking 1-2 minutes of pay from me per day. I've never paid attention when pinching in.
Just walk out and punch out at the same time. #winning

Indecisi0n

I suspect a certain feeder driver here is going to give you a stern warning about your bad choice of judgement concerning your possible stealing of time. Myself? Can't wait to get one of those suckers!
Its great. I get to work a few minutes before punch in time, head to the bathroom and punch in while I am dropping a deuce.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I usually punch out when I get home.

It won't let you do that, at least not here.

You need to be within a certain distance from the feeder office, based on GPS, in order to punch out.

Mine crashed as I was trying to punch out leaving the feeder office. I rebooted it, but by the time it came back up, I was in my car and 5 miles from work on my way home.

It would then not let me punch out, something about not being near the feeder office.

I suspect that punching in is the same.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The rare 21 dolly salute.... to their fallen comrades.

34910572_10156627287336522_1170975472650027008_o.jpg

Driver7906

One thing I don't like about being in feeder is handling those dollies. I savor the easy days of not having to move a dolly or back a single trailer but those days have been rare for me lately.

Indecisi0n

One thing I don't like about being in feeder is handling those dollies. I savor the easy days of not having to move a dolly or back a single trailer but those days have been rare for me lately.
Have the tractor do the work. I see people setup up Dolly's so sloppy only to have to get out and and yank them all over the place. Why not just get back in the tractor and reset? I'd much rather climb back into the cab than fight the dolly.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have the tractor do the work. I see people setup up Dolly's so sloppy only to have to get out and and yank them all over the place. Why not just get back in the tractor and reset? I'd much rather climb back into the cab than fight the dolly.
They will mess you up and some guys like to try to turn them 90 degrees by tugging them 20 times... no thank you

Indecisi0n

They will mess you up and some guys like to try to turn them 90 degrees by tugging them 20 times... no thank you
I saw that the other day. Driver attempted to hero hook it and failed. So he drops it from first trailer all jacked up then started pulling 90 degrees. OMG , my back hurt just watching him.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
35193388_1710468945673725_6141246438014713856_n.jpg

Happened in Maryland and driver is OK.
Driver was out of LAWNJ and no one was injured. A car in the left lane hit a tractor in the middle lane, who then hit the UPS tractor. He rode the guard rail for a little bit and wound up in the ditch. the other tractor ended up all the way in the woods, it's amazing he was not injured.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I just thank God the driver is OK. This can happen to anyone of us no matter how good you are . You can't defend against a driver that just drives right into you for whatever reason. They could be avoiding another driver, be distracted , or even be having a heart attack or some other medical issue.

The best thing the company can do is clear this driver so he /she can get back in the saddle. Too much down time after an accident like this can play games with your head. Too much time to think. Just let them get back to work after a ride along . ( if they had no physical injuries )

Indecisi0n

I just thank God the driver is OK. This can happen to anyone of us no matter how good you are . You can't defend against a driver that just drives right into you for whatever reason. They could be avoiding another driver, be distracted , or even be having a heart attack or some other medical issue.

The best thing the company can do is clear this driver so he /she can get back in the saddle. Too much down time after an accident like this can play games with your head. Too much time to think. Just let them get back to work after a ride along . ( if they had no physical injuries )
No no, I need time off to recover. Like 2 weeks on the beach.