Coldworld

60 months and counting
No chance you make it to retirement in package. Zero. I just got home from my 3rd shift last night. Drove around in the AC all night listening to music BSing on my phone. Didn’t break a sweat. Didn’t lift a finger. Feeders is a joke. It’s a lottery ticket.
It’s still ups but it’s 100x better than pkg....

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So if we call a "big box" a ZZZ are there ZZ and Z ?

20180823_025307.jpg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to pull "S" trailers to one particular center. They were 40" with hydraulic landing gear. Only had like 2 or 3 of them at our building, so they were rare. Those hydraulic gears were a pain. Some of the extended centers would have them on the door, then after you leave, they would run an air hose and jack them all the way up to make the packages slide faster. Only thing is, the landing gear would pop out internally and wouldn't go back down till you banged on them with a sledge hammer.

over9five

Staff member
I believe the "SC" means short chassis, they were on a small chassis not exactly sure why they ever had them I see one every once in a while.
I haven't seen one in a long time! The boxes were all locked to the chassis, weren't they? Permanently secured somehow..

P

pickup

I haven't seen one in a long time! The boxes were all locked to the chassis, weren't they? Permanently secured somehow..

I vaguely remember that the back corners were secured with very thick twist ties and the front pins sometimes secured with metal wire UPS seals. Didn’t these trailer numbers start with 624 or 625?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I vaguely remember that the back corners were secured with very thick twist ties and the front pins sometimes secured with metal wire UPS seals. Didn’t these trailer numbers start with 624 or 625?

Yes, and they were junk. I haven’t seen one in years.