Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nope. And it confused me that the load name was different than it's assigned location. Maybe they were tapping into it ? I wasn't sure what the "a" on the paperwork stood for.
Pulled plenty of thru loads and tap loads, never seen/heard them called "a" loads. Where exactly on the paperwork was this "a"?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You are correct. I just checked with my son, who is a yard controller. The afternoon sort isn't used down here, but he says its more popular in the northern part of the country. He says its more of a metroplex sort, whatever that is.

We see it in larger centers that are blown out with CPU's. Our hub can't handle all the extra volume early in the week so centers start sorting before their local sort to take some of our volume. When those loads come in they are tapped or bypass.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We see it in larger centers that are blown out with CPU's. Our hub can't handle all the extra volume early in the week so centers start sorting before their local sort to take some of our volume. When those loads come in they are tapped or bypass.
I guess it's like unplanned for volume, and they just sort it when they can?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I guess it's like unplanned for volume, and they just sort it when they can?

I think it's planned for, at least for us. It's just that we have too much volume early in the week. They are trying to move some twilight loads to day sort, and night loads to twilight to get down a little earlier in the mornings.

It's tough when volume early in the week can 40-50% higher than later in the week.

Indecisi0n

So we all are annoyed by idiots driving with their high beams on. So the other day I saw a tractor TOing down the highway, gets in front of the :censored2: with his high beams on and turns on two bright ass AUX tractor lights. The car understood and turned them off. Haha

Special UPS Operator

Hi guys I already have my CDL with all endorsements. I am hired as a pt package handler. The lady in hr told me once you start you will have to fill out a driver intention form/intent to drive form for feeders.

What is a bid list where can I find it.

What is the difference between this form and a bid list. Which one is quicker??

Also I am going to be working in Addison, IL facility so if any of you work there already hmu.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Zip tie did a lot of good....
IMG_20180915_091211108_HDR.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That looks like one of those "gorilla" welds. Large and ugly.
Good call I didn't even notice that.

I'm thinking part of the problem is I keep seeing them use pins that are quite a bit smaller than the hole in the chassis. It's got a couple inches of wiggle to bounce up and down on the pin.

Snapped off at some point in the last 100 or so miles of the run, not a comforting thought.