Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Remember they had glad hand locks? Because going over a pothole would cause the glad hands to come off? Fun times!

Yeah, I had an old-timer tell me to always throw a zip tie on the red line glad hand if I didn’t want to lick up the brakes, especially when they were empty.

jaker

trolling
I used to pull "S" trailers to one particular center. They were 40" with hydraulic landing gear. Only had like 2 or 3 of them at our building, so they were rare. Those hydraulic gears were a pain. Some of the extended centers would have them on the door, then after you leave, they would run an air hose and jack them all the way up to make the packages slide faster. Only thing is, the landing gear would pop out internally and wouldn't go back down till you banged on them with a sledge hammer.
I remember guys doing that when I did preload

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The only nice thing about the SC's was they were heavier so if you had one for a front box your tractor would ride nicer especially if it was an International. Very helpful when pulling MTs.
Another negative was a set of two SCs would hit if you turned too tight because of the squared off nose.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You don't want to lick up the brakes, especially when they are hot....

You'll burn your tongue.

That’s the problem with these phones. Far too many times I’ll post or text something and I’ll read it afterwards and cringe. I never had to proofread this hard writing term papers.

Smart phone my ass.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That’s the problem with these phones. Far too many times I’ll post or text something and I’ll read it afterwards and cringe. I never had to proofread this hard writing term papers.

Smart phone my ass.

My phone is worse on this website... When it autofills text it usually screws up. I don't have that issue anywhere else.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Smart phone my ass.

Been there, done that.

I don't know how many posts I have edited because I thought everything was fine the first time I proofed it....

I swear it changes after I hit "post reply" lol.

Indecisi0n

To the old heads having posting issues, you can turn off predictive auto correction on your phones. Get out your reading glasses and go find your phones manual located in your manual draw at home.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Remember they had glad hand locks? Because going over a pothole would cause the glad hands to come off? Fun times!
IMPORTANT WARNING: If you are pulling an empty LC with a tractor on steel springs (no air bags), and the air lines connect to the chassis on the driver's side (like on the SC), this can and does still happen.

dudebro

I remember guys doing that when I did preload

I just used to buy the switcher coffee and ask him to jack up the s and w type equipment when he spotted my doors. Worked fine and he didn't jack them so high they wouldn't come down. Jack up a pup too far and you couldn't even walk uphill on the flaps in the feeder.