Indecisi0n

So the registration was expired but DOT was current? I don't even look at the registration (just make sure it's present), I had assumed if the DOT was current the registration would have to be current...especially since the plates don't expire.
Yup. I opened your the reg and sure enough expired. I guess most people do like you said, look to see it's there and keep moving.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Yup. I opened your the reg and sure enough expired. I guess most people do like you said, look to see it's there and keep moving.

Strange, I looked at both of mine this morning and they look like this.
20180918_090630.jpg

trickpony1

What's that little white sticker of the front left side of the trailer that has a month and year punched out for?

EDIT:
guess what? there's one on the dolly also.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So the registration was expired but DOT was current? I don't even look at the registration (just make sure it's present), I had assumed if the DOT was current the registration would have to be current...especially since the plates don't expire.
I actually will look to see that the trailer number matches what is on the registration..... I guess I’m working too hard!

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Why do you guys like to drag the trailers off door and bend the legs?

We have had several feeder drivers come to the shop with a leg bent at at 20 plus degree angle thinking we can fix that on a loaded trailer.

If you can’t get to the crank to raise the legs can’t you call for a shifter to pull the trailer off the door a little?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why do you guys like to drag the trailers off door and bend the legs?

We have had several feeder drivers come to the shop with a leg bent at at 20 plus degree angle thinking we can fix that on a loaded trailer.

If you can’t get to the crank to raise the legs can’t you call for a shifter to pull the trailer off the door a little?
Not every building has a shifter working there..... and I have seen drivers pretty much drag the trailer with legs down 30 feet or more so yes if I were you I’d be mad too.... it’s called a test tug not a rip the legs off of the trailer test ...but to be fair, it’s not a DOT requirement to have landing gear on a trailer...lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not every building has a shifter working there..... and I have seen drivers pretty much drag the trailer with legs down 30 feet or more so yes if I were you I’d be mad too.... it’s called a test tug not a rip the legs off of the trailer test ...but to be fair, it’s not a DOT requirement to have landing gear on a trailer...lol
Every time you have to use two hands plus a lot of shoulder and back to crank up the landing gear make sure you give a silent thanks to these morons.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Every time you have to use two hands plus a lot of shoulder and back to crank up the landing gear make sure you give a silent thanks to these morons.
Where you have to adjust the landing gear into fast/slow gear 10 different time to get the damn legs up 3/4 of the way??? Lol