Johney

It might have been cracked and ready to snap, but I checked it before I drove it 200+ miles to the railyard and it wasn't broken off like that when I left with it.
That's why I edited my post cause it didn't sound right. I meant it was likely weakened by the crane operator. On a side note that looks like a super old crappy chassis, we rarely even see the black one's anymore.Our railyard has a crap load of brand new blue chassis. How did that thing not fall off and bounce down the road? Crazy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's why I edited my post cause it didn't sound right. I meant it was likely weakened by the crane operator. On a side note that looks like a super old crappy chassis, we rarely even see the black one's anymore.Our railyard has a crap load of brand new blue chassis.
I cringe a little when I see the garbage chassis they use. Then again, I make a lot of money sitting in the trailer shop.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We send a lot of them from the dirty South to the West coast.

I'm more than a little concerned about what the new contract's push for sleeper runs is going to do to us. Especially since I'm in the bottom 10% of seniority.

I think it's gonna kill a lot if extra runs. We do quite a few extra weekend runs to different railyards, 200-250 miles each way. There is no way even 1000 new sleeper runs can take all this work off the rails, but the free pass on contracting will tke a lot of our extra loads.

This contract is also going to kill all the good, long, extra loads we take. Instead of me taking an extra Dallas load 300 miles to a meet point they will have Coyote take it the entire trip and cut out the 4-5 drivers who were running those extra legs. By the end of this contract I predict most extra runs for us will be pulling empties to balance equipment. I hope I'm wrong!

Johney

So the registration was expired but DOT was current? I don't even look at the registration (just make sure it's present), I had assumed if the DOT was current the registration would have to be current...especially since the plates don't expire.
That's what I was thinking.